Clarification on Advancement to Sectional Round

faninthestand

According to an earlier thread, a few folks seem to have better information than whats posted on the TSSAA web site. They claim that "No, two teams from the same region do not advance to sectional" - According to the TSSAA web site, it states:

2 teams from district play advance to the Region Tournament.

The Region Winner and Runner up will advance to the sectional round. (sectional sites to be in the area of the regional winner)

Sectional 1: Region 1 winner vs Region 2 Runner up

Sectional 2: Region 2 winner vs Region 1 Runner up

and so on....

The eight Sectional round winners shall advance to the central tournament site, where a draw will take place for play. (if two teams advance from the same region they will be drawn into opposite brackets)

Unless the TSSAA 2002-2003 Handbook is incorrect as of today - then all the experts who have been trashing others should verify their facts prior to posting.

It appears we could see an all District Final for the state championship with this format, whether it be Franklin v Brentwood, or two memphis teams or two east teams...

:D

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Faninthestands, you are totally correct. 2 teams from

each Region advance.

My prediction is for 03 Franklin vs Brentwood State Finals

04 Franklin vs Centennial State Fnls

05 Franklin vs Centennial St Fnls

06 Franklin vs Centennial St Fnls

07-?? more of the same :)

if it FITS go right ahead.

With all the Franklin Centennial predictions am I to assume you have centennial or franklin ties?

I'm not sure how deep into the future Franklin will go as far as late rounds of the state playoffs due to the youth of the team, and I'm less confident of Centennial, with the current state of Coaching at Centennial.

Heard a rumor that with players graduated or moved in the off season, some of last years player that would be returning at Centennial, are choosing to not play without some coaching changes, any knowledge of that?

I've been out of coaching in the club ranks for a few years however I keep an ear for whats going on.

With the strength I see in the club ranks, I think all three areas of the state will be well represented come tournament time.

I am most familiar with the middle district, and feel Brentwood is the team to beat from the middle. Pittel and Clark will keep the Bruin attack solid and focused. Centennial will need to overcome the coaching issues which include a new twist year in an year out. With Cheradar moving, and Campbell - Tomme - Benward graduating, the team will rely on Mattison's legs, beyond that there will be a lot of question marks.

Even though Franklin graduated most of last years starting unit, they will be strong through the first 12 - 13 players. Beyond that, folks will need to step up. Biggest question mark is at goal keeper. Rumor is Drew Holland may be getting back into it, but I don't know where he has been playing so can't comment.

West side should be strong with the likes of MFC and the Dragon program - just not sure how spread out the players are.

East should be strong as well.

Should be a fun year watching how all the teams gell

Guest goodsport

What's going on with Williamson County?

Centennial? We were thinking they had enough talent last year to win it and don't get out of the district. How many coaches have they had since Vice?

Brentwood? Seems to be OK and then dumps their coach.

Franklin? Again, how many coaches? Seems like they had a couple of young guys just a couple of years ago and they've changed again.

It can't be the pay. Better than surrounding areas. Is it lack of support from the school or are there a bunch of experts around there who know the the programs REALLY should be run?

Centennial has had Vice for 3 years, then he was a casualty of the the School Superintendant's sweap of near tenured teachers, then Steve Parker came in for 2 years - moved on to Harding Acadamy for a better position with the school, then Gary Germaine was brought in only to have the school board claim some hoky policy about volunteer coaches - then a parent took over - enough said for last year.

Franklin has had their share of coaches, but for the first time it appears that they will have the same coach for the first time in quite a while.

I think the problem is not the parent, more the fact that the schools keep hiring coaches from outside the school. No loyalty, no allegiance, no need to stay if a better opportunity comes along.

We all can agree I think, that for a quality coach, there are plenty of opportunities.