Who's better Ryan Scott or Nick Marable at 145?

Guest westtenwrestlin

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cole703

The state championship match will depend on who the official is. If the official allows them to push and shove each other without the official counting shots and nailing them for stalling early in the match the advantage goes to Marable. If the official makes them open up and wrestle the advantage goes to Scott. Both of these wrestlers are very good and it would be great if they would open up and go after each other. The match at the Ryan Tour. was terrible because of the amount of stalling that went on and neither wrestler was hit for stalling.

Guest CBHStrnr

i dunno if he will stay @ 145 tho ill ask him tom. but i would go with nick he is strong fast and he has heart, my money will be on nick...but it will be tight it also depends on how brutal thier matches to get there will be, but both nick and mike have habits of stalling and they do it very very often if they get up and its a hard match, it all depends on thier conditions and opponents it will be close

Hmmmm....now try not to think of me of biased, but if you're talking about who's going to stall, we need to say that Ryan Scott is the staller. Ryan Scott's freshman year versus Hayduk in state was the text book definition of stalling. And, not saying that Ryan has been avoiding people, last year as a freshman, Nick wrestled Keller and Dunning (more than once) and didn't back down from either of them. Keller majored him and he had a few close matches with Dunning. Wrestling the best has helped Nick and he is improving. Ryan Scott hasn't really improved at all since his freshman year. A concept that not many people on here seem to realize is that wrestling the best makes you better. Bradley would be a example, they go to Virginia and wrestle some of the best teams in the US. Then they come back to TN and walk through state to the finals. Close match, can go either way, go Nick.

[Edited by thegatling on 1-13-03 2:42A]

I agree with cole703, to an extent. Good officiating will make it a much more interesting match, but I don't know that the advantage goes to Scott...maybe.

Disagree with redraider0185...I've seen too much stalling in the state tournament over the years. Let's hope Danny Gilbert calls the D II 145 finals match. Go Danny! u da man.

Guest heavyt23

Nick is a really good wrestler, but Ryan has improved since his freshman year. He placed third at bethlehem this year(3rd hardest tournament in the country) and also beat Nick at the Mccallie Inv. so he hasnt been avoiding competition. he just takes what is given to him. last year he only lost 2 matches both to the same kid(keefe from Ring. 2 time GA champ) it will be a good match, but ryan has 2 championship already and a chance to join an elite club, i think he wants it more.

Guest AnyThing

Last time I checked McCallie has been going up to Bethlehem, Pa for a while now and according to the results on the internet Ryan went within 2 point of Jeff Ecklof the #2 ranked guy in the country at 145, and if wrestling the #2 ranked guy in the country and staying with in 2 points of him doesn˜t make you a better wrestler I don't know what will.

P.S. Some of the better teams in PA where at both the VA duals and the Bethlehem tour that McCallie went to.

Guest westtenwrestlin

Scott I dont think is trying to avoid anyone their is no reason from him to. He is one of the best wrestlers. But yall are talking about all this stalling stuff with scott and marable. I dont think they are stalling to win I think they are stalling because they are tired. Marable I know isnt in that good of shape. I dont know about scott because his matches never last long anough. haha But i cant wait intill state because you can count on Marable and Scott working really hard to get better and in better shape for eachother.

Good luck to both of them.

[Edited by westtenwrestlin on 1-13-03 11:43A]

Guest greco213

The match with Marable and Scott was great. At this point these kids are even. It will come down to who works to be the best. The 145 final of the state tournament is a great place to settle this debate. I will be there! As for stalling, both kids are very talented. Ever wonder why matches with great wresters are low scoring and very close? Battling for position is not stalling. Good luck to both kids!!