Who's better Ryan Scott or Nick Marable at 145?

Guest westtenwrestlin

Guest CBHStrnr

its not really stalling w/ either marable, he just likes to play around since few ppl can touch his skills, and when he gets tough guys, he wont stall, but you can see decreases in speed on both counts

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a referee friend of mine explain tournaments to me like this:

Semi Finals are for TAKIN'

Finals are for PROTECTIN'

In regard to the Marable/Scott match at the Father Ryan Invitational, I think Marable was better prepared.

He knew his competitor, and knew how to beat him. Very simple. He kept Scott off balance the entire match, pushing the limits of the rule book, both on roughness and stalling. But, if you look at the tape, Marable outshot Scott pretty close to 2-1. Scott never really came close to scoring.

Scott couldnt get Marable into that front headlock. When it was close, he drove or flurried the action off the mat.

The one amazing thing I noticed, from the 2nd period on, when there was a break in action (going back to the center) Marable looked directly into the McCallie corner and listen to every instruction the came from there. Did he use it? I dont know, but I think it kept that corner off balance as well.

As a wrestling fan, what more could you ask for? A victory each with the State Tourney looming! Man, I love this sport!

reftn

reftn, I noticed the same thing. It was so blatant it had to have been planned. I mean, once in the third during a break, Marable was closer to McCallie's corner than Scott was and it took me a second to realize that Gordon was talking to Scott. I swear both were looking at him and nodding their heads. Marable was the better prepared that night, and the more agressive. Scott will have to step it up at state and is more than capable of doing just that. I don't see anyone else spoiling their party. Should be a fun finals.