district 5-aaa

soccerfan423

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It really should be an interesting year. cleveland and McMinn were both hit by graduation. As for the other 3, Rhea Co came a long way last year with their new coach--Pete Mitchell. Big problem for them is no real feeder program, as far as i know. As for Cumberland and Bradley, there is no telling. Both have new coaches for 2003and have always been real scrappers and fighters.

The question is can they compete with District 6. Only once has a district 5 team won the region--that i know of

Soddy should be the top team from district 6. They finished 2nd in the district and region last year and were not hurt too much from graduation. Ooltewah was hit by graduation, but should still be strong. Rumor has it that Red Bank is getting a new coach. No telling how that will effect them.

McMinn Co.

Cleveland

Cumberland Co.

Rhea Co.

Bradley Co.

No offense to Rhea or Bradley, but they have had weak soccer programs as long as i can remember. Cumberland has had success in the past, but I don't see them competing with cleveland or mcminn. McMinn has lost the last 3 years to cleveland in the district finals, but with all the seniors that graduated from cleveland, it will be much harder for them to do it a fourth time.

Cleveland doesnt stand a chance against mcminn this spring. they lost too many good players to graduation. Not to mention last year mcminnn thumped cleveland 4-0 at their own tournament. I know they beat them when it truly counted, but the dont have the talent to do it again. The district looks like it will be weak compared to the last few years. Here's how i see it...

McMinn Co.

Cleveland

Cumberland

Rhea

Bradley

Mcminn will be on top but the rest of the order will change. Cumberland has always been nipping at Cleveland and they will get them this year. The Cleveland-Bradley game will be tight this year, but it goes to Cleveland due to more experienced coaching. But the game is on Bradley's field. Rhea will be more competitive but is still behind the others.

drsoccer,

How many guys did you lose off of last years team--Vallejo, K.McKalpin, Naberfelt, Elliot, Butler, Matthews, Bratcher. Who else???

However, i cant understand how you think your game with bradley will be close. They are terrible!! Surely you guys won't be that bad. You should be at least three goals better. You definetly have a MUCH better coach.

I agree that Rhea will be improved . But Cumberland has a new coach--so i doubt they will be too tough.

I look forward to your response.