What is going on with Ryan?!

Bluewhirlygig

Wow, first Father Ryan is upset by archrival MBA and then they are upset by Clarksville. Not to take anything away from either MBA or Clarksville, but what is happening to the Irish?!

After stellar performances at the McCallie Invitational and the Ryan Invitational, I expected them to be the team to beat at the DII State Tournament. While I still expect them to be among the top three, I now feel as though the title is truly up for grabs between Ryan, McCallie, and MBA.

Help me out Irish fans. What is going on up there?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pummeler

i am not a father ryan fan, but i have seen them wrestle for a while and the last two years i have not seen the great wrestling i use to from them. one loss the mba and another to clarksville doesnt really mean much especially when the they will wrestle mba again in region. i think mccallie will win state anyways, oh well later

Here's my opinion (which is usually fact) I think that Father Ryan is simply tired. They wrestled at their tournament which was tough and then came back with three days of rest to wrestle MBA, then left that night to go to the CBHS invitational and wrestle a very tough tournament that had top teams from all over. They won that tournament and came back on a Monday after that tournament to wrestle Clarksville who also were laying for them, Clarksville wasn't at a hard tourney last weekend. Both MBA and CLarksville had to time to prepare for them and give them their best. By placing high at McCallie and winning their tournament, a bullseye was put on them and everyone circled them on their calender. On a full week of rest and everyone feeling decently well, Ryan will take it to anyone. Just wait to when in matters in Feb. Just my opinion, which is usually money. And I dislike Father Ryan.... :)

[Edited by thegatling on 1-14-03 1:58P]

What are you looney? MBA was at the Ryan Invitational as they are every year, and they wrestled(MBA and Ryan) the Friday after the Ryan tournament. If I count correctly that is 5 DAYS REST! Another thing. Clarksville was at the Brentwood Invitational and beat a very good Soddy Daisy team on the Friday and Saturday before they beat Ryan on Monday. You must be an idiot. If your opinion is money then it must be used on Monopoly boards.

PS. And I don't even like Clarksville, Father Ryan, MBA or Christian Brothers. Now What?

Can someone post the individual match results of both the Ryan vs MBA and the Ryan vs Clarksville matches on the website. Did Ryan take their varsity to Clarksville or did they send most of their JV team. I had heard that Simpson was going to give the varsity the week off to rest.

Gatling/ Marable:

You are truly a legend in your own mind. MBA was at the Ryan Tournament. They finished a very distant second behind Ryan but slightly ahead of McCallie and well ahead of CBHS. Also, according to their schedules, neither MBA nor Clarksville had free time to prepare exclusively for Ryan.

No Gatling, in this case, your opinion is neither fact nor money. Rather, it is merely like most of your comments: either inflamatory, ignorant, or biased.

Yes they are tired, yes they were on top early in the season, yes that's makes them a target for wanting to beat them, yes the varsity was there last night, but Chris Lomas (ankle)and Kyle Adams (hand surgery), and Frank Mondelli (missed school& was home sick yesterday)did not wrestle. Three starters out. As I understood it, Coach Simpson wrestled many, if not most, of the guys UP a weight class. The JV wrestled Rossview and Nashville Christian and the majority of the varsity wrestled Clarksville. Clarksville looked good according to my sources and they wanted to win. I understand they were VERY EXCITED to beat Father Ryan. The MBA Ryan results are somewhere here on this web forum CBG, also check out yesterdays' Nashville City Paper on the web. I think that the Ryan boys are lacking one thing and that is enthusiasm. Okay now, I'm gonna sound old, but, in my day coming up the wrestlers RAN out onto the mat, looked fierce and fired up, had an aire of pure adrenaline and confidence about them and followed through with their actions. I've sat through hundreds of matches and these boys just seem to be lacking in it (except for Raymond Dunning, what a LEADER he is). Please, other Ryan folks...don't crucify me for saying this, gosh, are you guys mean to the other Ryan fans or what! Anyway. I have one question, WHY do the above threads hate Fr.Ryan so much? just curious.

fatkat, Ryan may be down but they're not out. I still think Ryan and McCallie will be fighting it out for the championship. Regarding Dunning, he is a very tough wrestler but maybe he isn't being the leader they need at this time and maybe someone else on the team needs to step up and get the troops on the same page?????? Just a thought. Good luck down the road.

Why'd you put Marable's name in with mine? And come on now houndog and sly, i aint even got a dog in this fight, I was just giving an unbiased opinion. I wouldnt really put the brentwood tourney up there with Ryan, i think Ryan had a little more competition. If anything, I would dog father ryan. But since it seems they somehow have more class than people from east tennessee, im somehow wanting them to whoop everyone at state except CBHS. Sly, ponder this question, do you have friends.

[Edited by thegatling on 1-14-03 2:03P]