Bradley 34 Cleveland 27

xbody91

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

coach log, don't know the individual results from tonights win, but am curious why you wouldn't move gibson to 171, bump blackmon to 189, and so forth, for this match. the gibson/jones match is the one most people want to see. you obviously know what your doing, was just curious what your thinking was. i understand that jones could easily move to 160, but why would he? he's a good wrestler doing well at 171.

one more question. i have noticed that you take notes during the matches. are you making notes of mistakes, and do you wait until practice the next day to go over the notes with your wrestlers, or do you meet w/them after the match? educate me!

you have done a great job at bradley. you kids are not only good wrestlers, they seem to be good people. that will do more for them in the long run than any win on the mat will do. nice job coach!! see you at state.

rcpatriot

Great match tonight. Very large crowd. I would like to know how many people were there tonight because the place was packed. Cleveland wrestled tough but the Bears were just too much for them. Should be a great rematch at the region duals. Congratulations Coach Logsdon and the Bears. The trophy goes back home again!

Cleveland 27 vs Bradley Central 34 @ Cleveland - 1/14/03

112 - Taylor Clements (CLEV) DEC 9/6 --- Nick Ballard (BC)

119 - Shawn Cordell (BC) WON BY TF 18/3 --- Pete Miller (CLEV)

125 - Mark Fuller (BC) DEC 19/8 --- Johnny Ramos (CLEV)

130 - Jake West (BC) WON by TF 18/3 --- Jimbo Nichols (CLEV)

135 - Jessie Baker (BC) DEC 6/2--- Matt Morgan (CLEV)

140 - Michael Creagan (BC) WON by TF 20/5 --- Jason Cagel (CLEV)

145 - James Jackson (CLEV) DEC 5/1 --- Michael Spain (BC)

152 - Dustin Catlett(BC) WON FALL 3:02 --- Derek Harrison (CLEV)

160 - Quinn Gibson (BC) WON FALL 4:47 --- Tommy Odell (CLEV)

171 - Nathan Jones (CLEV) WON FALL 2:27 --- Bryant Blackmon (BC)

189 - Drew Helmstetter (CLEV) DEC 6/2 --- Josh Cooper (BC)

215 - Josh Bonham (CLEV) DEC 6/1 --- Matt Bailey (BC)

275 - Michael Hampton (CLEV) DEC 7/3 --- Shawn Grady (BC)

103 - Danny Coleman (CLEV) WON FALL 4:13 --- Blake Tensley (BC)

[Edited by sly on 1-15-03 9:15A]

Silverbullet, I'm sure both teams didn't want to give up pins but I want to add that at 189,215 and 275 that I felt the Bradley wrestlers took more shots(although bad shots at times) than the Cleveland wrestlers. At 189 Cooper killed himself on his feet with bad shots and poor mat awareness allowing Helmstetter some easy points. At 215 I felt Bailey moved well on his feet but also took bad shots giving Bonham easy points. It appeared to me that Bonham was just looking for one big throw and that never happend. At 275 Hampton is a great athlete and Grady who is less experienced kept the match closer than the score indicates. I agree that at 119,130 and at 140(all tech falls) the Cleveland wrestlers were clearly dominated and just tried to keep off their backs. The region duals should be more exciting than this one because Cleveland will more than likely try to bump for better match ups but like you said Bradley is deep and can bump to get the match ups they want as well. Being a big Bradley fan I will also say that I expect that Tinsley and Blackmon will both give a better performance than they did last night. Al Miller said it well "this is just round one of two". Jan 26 is the "money match"(no not the Allan Jones match either!...lol).

Just to let you know according to Coach Logsdon he had no intentions to bump anyone in last nights match. I don't think Coach Miller did either. But you can almost bet there will be changes the next time they meet. Maybe not????

[Edited by sly on 1-15-03 1:35P]

The local tv station WTNB will replay the meet on Sunday at 3 PM and at 9 PM for the local people who wasn't there (Like ME). Its hosted by a local TV sports/talk show. Its on Cable channel 5. The video is crisp and clear and you can see all the matches from start to finish. Its 2 hours long (with commercials off course). The show is SporTVision. Its host by Mike Creagan and Joe Palo. If Creagan's name is familar, it should. His son is one of bradley's wrestlers. Joe Palo is the General Manager of WTNB. I do have a little interest also in the matches. My daughter is a cheerleader and she dates one of the wrestlers. But its a shame that the top 2 teams in the state will not compete for the state championship because they have to wrestle each other for the berth to go to the state. They need let in 16 teams (2 from each region) to the state. all TSSAA is after is the all mighty dollar just like football.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BigFatFan

I was told the rematch of the year would be at Cleveland High on Sat at 4, then someone told me it was at Cleveland Middle school at 10:00, can anyone confirm. I don't want to miss this one!