Metro (12AAA) is Down this year..........

gomab2

After such a banner year last year (led by teams like Stratford and Maplewood, and players like DeMarco Polk and Mario Moore) Nashville Metro is definitely down this year...

There is not a team in the district that is Top 20 in the State, as Maplewood's loss to Stratford unfortunately dropped them from the Rankings for the first time all year...

It is such a different year this year in Metro, after a year with sooooooo many big time seniors, where Metro teams are just not making an impact out of District, and beating eachother up within the district at the same time....

I see a team like Stratford ranked in the Tennessean's top Midstate teams, but they are nothing more than an average team.....

I still feel Maplewood will hit their stride, and become the class of Metro this year, and still feel Antioch has the talent to make a run....

gomab2, You are so right about 12AAA being down; seeing that there is no clear cut front runner, but one team you failed to mention is McGavock. Although they have allowed Hunters Lane to beat them twice both times either down to the wire or overtime and Antioch once, they have posted impressive victories over Maplewood and Stratford and it seems as if they're getting their swagger back. Wins and losses now until tournament time will be vital to each team for bracket purposes in the district, and we all know how 12AAA District Tournament games can turn out. This year it is anybodies ballgame, but I think with self-control and teamball play McGavock could be the BIG FISH in this year's small pond. :(

gomab2, You are so right about 12AAA being down; seeing that there is no clear cut front runner, but one team you failed to mention is McGavock. Although they have allowed Hunters Lane to beat them twice both times either down to the wire or overtime and Antioch once, they have posted impressive victories over Maplewood and Stratford and it seems as if they're getting their swagger back. Wins and losses now until tournament time will be vital to each team for bracket purposes in the district, and we all know how 12AAA District Tournament games can turn out. This year it is anybodies ballgame, but I think with self-control and teamball play McGavock could be the BIG FISH in this year's small pond. :(

12-aaa is down. i agree. metro as a whole is down.

Hillsboro(11-aaa, is probably the best team in metro) is good but imagine how good they could be with sanders(ineligible) and fisher(eligible now). good mix of size and speed. Russell is quite an athlete!

maplewood, i don't know i expected them to be blowing teams away. you just can't underestimate sr leadership(d. lee, s. richardson the past 2 yrs). thats the only thing i can think of. on paper they have a heckuva team. or taylor's football injury is more than we've been told.

mcgavock, who knows, right now they are playing well,but that could change. also terrible afros........braid it or cut it, ugh!

antioch.....????????they should be one of the top teams in the state. 4 points in the 3rd quarter against WC, just don't understand.

Hunters Lane, come on sewell let the young guys play, they did a good job for you over Christmas. If they go to a backcourt of Deshon Moore and Jeremiah Crutcher and full court press nonstop, they could make some noise.

Whites Creek, impressive streak, but the next three games will determine if they are pretenders or contenders(stratford , maplewood, and mcgavock). also a big showdown at colombia coming up. too bad the menzies aren't playing, only IF..........hey at least there are twins on the freshman team.

Glencliff,

Jamont I feel ya pain, but hey man pass the rock a little bit. Glencliff could win on any night thanks to superstar Jamont, but unfortunately they don't.

pearl-cohn, at least alumni ron slay is having a good yr. Big john played for the Jags. too bad the younger slay doesn't suit up for the firebirds. Pearl may have the best player in the district though, check him out(gillespie)

stratford, coach winrow you are doing a fine job. but how far can Henry Harris carry this team. Eric orr you are a budding star.

all that being said 12-aaa is definitely down. good competition within the district. but west and east tn are better this yr than 12-aaa.