State tournament on TV.

sly

The DI state tournament has already been funded and scheduled to be aired live on a major network in the Chattanooga area. SportsVision which is producing the DI tournament broadcast has also negotiated for a tape delay broacast of the DII tournament to be aired the following Saturday Feb. 22nd. However, funding is still needed to get the DII tournament on the air. Funding is need by Monday Jan. 20th. SportsVision as contacted several DII supporters about getting the funds needed to broadcast the DII tournament. If you are interested in helping fund the broadcast of the DII tournament please contact Mike Creagan at 423-667-4884 for more information.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No that's Mike Creagan, a.k.a. Rick Flair, and no he didn't hand out any $100 bills. I can see where you thought it was a Bradley infomercial because of the number of finalist they had last year. My prediction is that it should be something close to that number again this year. If you go by this weeks TENNBEST rankings it indicates that there could be 8 Bradley and 3 Cleveland wrestlers in the finals. Thats almost half of the finalist. I don't think we'll have that many myself but anything is possible. So if you didn't like the show last year you can either choose not to watch it or get the other teams wrestlers to beat them before the semi's. I think it's great that our sport will be on TV. Hopefully DII will come up with the funding so their tournament will be on TV as well. (Mike Creagan has read the "old Rick Flair" line and is flattered, but has wondered why no one has had the guts to say it to his face.)

No offense intended SLY, and I do appreciate the sponsers efforts in televising the final. But I have heard many comments about the announcers being, how should I put this, less than objective regarding the Bradley kids versus everyone else.

But perhaps your're right; maybee it seemed that way by default because of the success they had last year. And even so, if you pay for it you can do pretty much whatever you want to with it.

Allan Jones, the guy funding the broadcast, is a Cleveland graduate, not Bradley County. I applaud him and Mr. Creagan for their efforts. It's amazing to me that when someone gives their time, money, and energy toward our sport how many people who are not giving their time, money and energy feel empowered to critique the givers. Also, when did someone's hair begin to determine the quality of their character? Maybe some of you follicly challenged folks are suffering from hair envy? I don't know Mr. Creagan personally, but I have seen him at numerous youth through HS wrestling events for years and he has always conducted himself with class in my presence.

As I understand, $10,000 is required for the D2 broadcast. This amount seems very managable to me if it was divided to $2,000 each from McCallie, Baylor, MBA, Father Ryan, and Christian Bros. I have been told that Stump on Sports will be covering the D2 finals regardless of the tape delay broadcast.

Any TV coverage of either or both divisions IMHO is a great!

As Bradleys' coach, I know the people in our program pretty well. Different people, different incomes, different personalities, ...but one wrestling family. These supporters and parents care about these kids and support them unbelievably, both with their time and their resources.

One of these folks is Mike Creagan. Without going into detail, let me just say that you would be fortunate to have Mike and his family in your program. They give time and energy to support their sons and this program without ever asking for anything in return. Perhaps as importantly, he creatively finds ways to expose our fine sport to the public and give wrestling the exposure that we all feel it deserves. Thanks, Mike.

Actually wrestling in this area has a long history of mullets. The Fargo Brothers, Jackie and Lonnie, on Live Wrestling with Harry Thornton at Memorial Auditorium used to wear what was called a "feather mullet". Wait a minute! I'm thinking of the Scuffling Hillbillys - a great act!

You can find everything you want to know about mullets at mulletsgalore.com

I digress. Unless someone picks up the $10,000 tab for the finals for DII, is Stump going to broadcast? Who will be in charge of rewarding the DII winners?

Guest somethingCLEVER

it would be great if we (nashville) could get that broadcast on one of our cable access channels.....oh,and leave the guy with the mullet alone,mulletmen have character.....