State tournament on TV.

sly

I heard Tommy Frist was a huge wrestling fan and was going to pay to broadcast finals in N'ville or maybe it was Cal Turner.

I can't believe with all the rich folks in N'ville you can't get someone to pay for a broadcast. It's a testimony to the popularity of wrestling in the Chattanooga area or as we call it the "Vatican of High School wrestlting", that someone like Jones will pay to broadcast and a lot of folks will watch. It's in our water and in our blood!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cole703

While I can't speak for the Frist or Turner family I can say that I doubt that they would spend the money for the production in Nashville. If one of those families were involved they would want the broadcast team to be very professional and would most likely use the Iowa Public TV team or the Leigh group. Not that there is anything wrong with the group that does the tournament now it's just that those 2 families will not place their finger prints on anything that is not the very best.

hey countrypk--where were you?-i was at what is now known as galaxy lanes at midnight--you proved to be the coward i had you figured for--not having the guts to meet up to your own challenge--enough time has been wasted on people like you who lack character and credibility--youve needed a screen name to hide behind name calling- its obvious to any one who reads this site your doing the opposite of what this site is intended for--intellligent discussion--youve been exposed to be a coward and full of it with what you post--congratulations--i look forward to meeting you in person--mike creagan

Does anyone know if the DII schools have gotten together for the funding for the DII tournament to be on TV? It sure would be nice to have both tournaments on TV and it would be nice that both DI and DII champions get a chance to shine on TV. Surely, with all the resources of the DII schools someone can come up with the funds.

Mike and I spoke at length about putting the DII finals on TV. Mike and Mr. Jones are willing and able to support the production of the DII bradcast if the DII schools or a DII supporter will ante up. They will tape, edit and broadcast DII directly after the DI bradcast so there is no conflict. $10,000 sounds like a lot, but for two hours of TV time and all the work to create it, it's a deal. DII will also have to come up with their own announcer(s). It is improbable that the DII schools, like Baylor, McCallie, Father Ryan, MBA, CBHS and Notre Dame will take money out of their school budgets to finance the broadcast. DII will have to find person(s) with a love for the sport and the money to back it up (like Jones). So far, I'm clueless who that might be. Contrary to popular opinion, most DII wrestling supporters are not rich, at least not the ones I have know. If someone can find it in their heart and pocketbook to pay all or a portion of the DII broadcast let Mike Creagan know or feel free to contact Jamey Smith at jamey@bellsouth.net Its fair to question why Mike and Mr. Jones are not paying for both, but its their time and money and I commend them for their efforts and offering to support DII also. Unless you are willing to ante up yourself, leave it be. My hats off to both of them. It's a shame that some have to comment on Mike's hair style. For one, I'm jealous, I just wish I had hair !! Let it go guys !! Say something positive. ;)

$2,000 each from McCallie, Baylor, MBA, Father Ryan, and Christian Bros. ha cbhs 2000$, cbhs free with money hahahaha, i wish, we could buy some better things than d2 air time for all, maybe if everyone threw in some cash it could work out, but so far no, but hten again im not a CBHS coach or representative so w/e