Bradley Central vs Cleveland

BackyardLegend

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MrScout

WELL, I SEE THIS GAME GOING TO THE WIRE BECAUSE THIS1S 2 OF THE BEST TEAMS IN THE STATE. BUT I THINK CLEVELAND WILL PULL IT OFF IN THE END.FOR 3 SIMPLE REASON 1. CHARLES LITTLE CAN NOT BE STOP SINCE HE GETS THE BALL IN THE POST AND NO ONE ON BRADLEY TEAM CAN OUT JUMP HIM. 2. TREY SHARP HE IS ONE OF THE BEST DEFENSIVE PLAYERS IN THE STATE AND HE IS GREAT ON THE OFFENSIVE GLASS WITH QUICK PUT BACKS OFF MISSED SHOTS. 3. TIM COOPER IS HAS A SWEET SHOT BUT THE ONLY THING BAD ABOUT HIM IS THAT HE GETS TO COCKY BUT LOOK FOR COOPER TO HAVE A BIG GAME.BUT BRADLEY HAVE GREAT TEAM TOO SO I SHOULD BE A GREAT MATCH UP. BUT I PICK CLEVELAND BY 5 ;)

It is good to see that the cleveland/bradley rivalry is once again one of the best in the tennessee high school basketball. Backyard you are right on about Darnell Mee and Rich Burns going against chad copeland and the big Ward kid down low. I am coach Zimmerman's son and we still get out some of those classic games and watch both teams making great play after great play. I think one of the best cleveland/bradley games, and i played in many of them was in 1989 when chris parks hit the three at the buzzer for a cleveland upset at bradley. Good to see that these two programs are back among the states' elite

Right when you thought Ol' BackyardLegend disappeared for good (trying to find his way out of Walker Valley's gym and parking lot recently); I've come home to instill some more insight on this weekend's "Clash of the Titans"

Somebody in this thread made the comment that Bradley's bench was deeper than Cleveland's. I'm gonna have to disagree with that post. Cleveland's depth is probably one of their strongest assets. Evidence being that I witnessed a game where Charles Little and Trey Sharp both picked up 2 fouls in the first quarter and had to sit for a while. During their pine session; Cleveland came back and actually took the lead by halftime. Cleveland was able to come back out in the second have with no one in foul trouble. They also wore down a good Knox Bearden team in the finals of the Super 16 with their depth.

Bradley had absolutely no depth at the beginning of the season, but Kent Smith has been able play some young players to strengthen their bench. When Tim Hobbs went down with his hyperextended elbow; it forced Kent to play less experienced players such as Chris Brown. Chris' play has improved with every game. Now that Tim Hobbs is back; Kent has more experience off the bench. I guess that is like the old saying "There's a silver lining to every cloud". Kent hated to lose Hobbs to an injury, but it made his team stronger for down the stretch.

In reference to Coach Zimmerman's son...yes, Id have to say that the Cleveland/Bradley game, that was won in overtime by a shot at the buzzer by Chris "Skeeter" Parks, may possibly have been the best high school game that I've ever seen. I doubt that too many Bradley fans would agree.:D From a true basketball lover's point of view...there's never been that much talent on BOTH teams at one time. My second favorite Cleveland/Bradley game was when former Bradley great Jason Richardson got his own rebound from a missed free throw, and hit a jumper over Cleveland's Jamie Truell at the buzzer to win it. It was probably the loudest I've ever heard a crowd celebrate. I remember the Bradley students carrying Richardson off the court.

In closing; I hate that the inclement weather has force the game to be postponed until Saturday. The only thing that I can figure is that the good Lord had other plans for Friday night, and he didn't want to miss the game. So, He just dropped the thermostat and froze us out! It also gives the backyardlegend another day to write another novel here on Coach T.com. Until tomorrow...You may wanna throw another log on the fire! It's gonna be colder than a well digger's tail tonight! Take care! I'll be back tomorrow! :(