RED BANK VS. SODDY???

BMO

Yes, free speech is one of the guaranteed cornerstones of our Constitution and with that right goes great responsibility. Has Mr. Pala explained to his students that almost 400,000 Americans died in World War II defeating that fl :) g and what it stood for. 1)No freedom of speech 2)world domination by a "superior race"(LOL) 3)genocide of the jewish and slavik races.

His right I don't question, His reasoning and leadership of our youth I do wonder about. I guess this is what makes America a great nation because you could not have flown the stars and stripes in Germany because that grand old flag represented freedom of speech.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NONESFOOL,

I appreciate what you say however it doesn't answer my initial question. Would there be this much fuss if the man flew a Rebel flag, or for that matter the flag of the old USSR or China in front of his house. By the way I believe more Americans died in the Civil War than in any other war.

Point taken. I agree, as a teacher this man is supposed to be a "Role Model" for the youth in our community. Hopefully as parents we have done our job and our children are smart enough to understand that hate, no matter who it's dircted at, is wrong.I also agree that the Nazi flag is a symbol of some of the most heinous events in the history of mankind. As a teacher this man has shown extremely poor judgement in flying such a flag. As an American he has shown that you don't have to be smart or patriotic to be a protected citizen. You just have to be born here.

Yeah we're on the same page, I read a few posts on here and it appeared to me that some of the people posting were doing so out of anger, and not making thier point clear. I also read a few posts by kids who think this guy is wonderful. In the beginning the Germans thought Hitler was wonderful.

People wonder whats wrong with our school system today and think that a guy like this is just "different". As parents we all have a responsibility to do what is best for our children.

Maybe you folks down in that part of the state will do something to rectify this situation.

Guest KatyBug

You can not day anything about him if you do not know him. Anybody who really does know him, not just kids will tell you hes a great man. So what if he has different beliefs than you. He is still a human being and deserves to be treated like one.

by the way, it seems that people living in that neighborhood need to open a history book...lol. I spoke to Pala about the flag in question and it is a pre-WWI flag that he raised because he is a history buff, which is how the flag was passed to him. The flag dates way back before Hitler or his regime was even a twinkling in the German eye. It very remotely resembles anything that could be attached to the nazis. I find it hilarious that some of you run and jump into the deep end of the ocean and stand up on your self-righteous pulpits before you even know what's going on. Furthermore, Pala is of Polish descent, so perhaps he must be trying to offend himself as well...lol. Anyway, @@@@ 'EM UP AND PIN 'EM DOWN!

Actually, BHD, you are incorrect. While Pala told you the correct origin of the flag, what he didn't tell you is that many neo-nazi and white supremicist groups, as they have done with other symbols, use this flag in lieu of their more overt symbology out of a need to stay somewhat underground. It is my understanding from people who are acquaintences of his that he is aware of this also.

I could cite numerous sources but better yet just check it out on the internet yourself, don't take my word for it. If you would like to talk to someone about it in person, I would suggest calling the Chattanooga City Police Department and asking to speak with a detective in the Gang Activity Task Force--his name escapes me but our conversation was quite enlightening. I will assure you that they are well aware of the meaning and uses of the flag in question.

nah, that's ok. i talked with mr. pala and i am convinced he's clean on the issue. i really don't need to speak with anyone from anywhere; i know he is of good moral character. please feel free to resume your witch hunt, the case is closed as far as i'm concerned.

Witch hunt? Now that's laughable.

If you'll go back and read my posts I never implied that I believe Mr. Pala is in fact a neo-nazi or skinhead. I don't in fact believe that he is. But the fact remains, and it is an indisputable fact, that he has on the front of his house a flag that neo-nazi and skinhead groups, including according to the Chattanooga Police Dept., groups in this area, use to identify themselves to each other becuause they are too cowardly in most cases to display the real thing.

What I did question, having been told by several people who are in a position to know him very well that he is aware of the current use of the flag and is displaying it in order to "mess with the neighbors." Having been told that over and over I began to question why a public school teacher would put their career in jeopardy out of some infantile need to get attention. The fact that several people on here like yourself speak so highly of him makes the whole situation even more perplexing.

I assure you that I am not on a witch hunt, and I have no intention of going out of my way to cause trouble for Mr. Pala. His principal is a long time family friend, and that man would fire his own mother I assure you if she did something that brought negative attention to his beloved

alma mater. No, someone brought the subject up, and I merely interjected my own opinions and what facts I have. People are free to make up their own minds, as are you.

We can simply agree to disagree on this subject.