Oak Ridge's Zach Gulmire injured

DCCATVOICE

Oak Ridge point Zach Gulmire was injured in Tuesdays game at Karns but what looked like a broken ankle turns out to be a very bad sprain. X-Rays taken after the game showed no break in the bone. Zach is Oak Ridge's best defensive player and the true team leader. Hopefully, for Zach and Oak Ridge his recovery will be quick. Knowing him he will want to get back as soon as he can. Good Luck Zach we'll see you out there soon.

Gulmire is not the Wildcats best defensive player in my eyes, but he is a very solid point guard and I really like his game. I was surprised when I saw that Oak Ridge lost at Karns last night, but now I see why. Oak Ridge is definitely better than Karns. That is a tough loss for them in the district.

Yes, that's right, Karns is leading the district by themselves I think at 6-2. Powell is second at 5-2. But in the even of a tie between Powell and Karns, Powell will have the tie breaker because they have already beaten Karns twice, their only losses. I think that Coach Henson is doing a nice job there. He had a basket-case named Clayton Morris transfer into Karns and he's molded Morris into a pretty nice player this year. Cameron Crane is their best player, he could definitely play small college or NAIA at the 2 guard.