Best Freshmen guys teams in mid. TN

takeyou2school

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah buddy.....I played against that Lebanon team in Middle School. They were awesome!! I think 3 or 4 of them start or play alot of time on varsity this year. Saw them the other night when they beat Cookeville. They will be a great team the next 2 years or so.

But to comment on the topic.....Yes.....I have been to several of Cookeville's freshman games and they are really good. Saw them beat Oakland and destroy Blackman. When these guys are juniors and seniors maybe Cookeville can finally win a district title.

LaVergne!

Played Oakland and beat them by 8-10, they have beaten every team in their district pretty handily this season.

They have six legitimate players, lots of size with 6'9" Nathaniel Greene, and lots of speed and skill with the rest spearheaded by Marrio Hunter who had two big dunks in their game yesterday. These guys will continue to get better and look out for them at the varsity level beginning next year.

That is very true. Cookeville's tallest guy is 6'1" - 6'2"ish. But the way they win is pushing the ball up the court and then kick it out to any # of different guards who can shoot the rock from anywhere. They are very fast and don't realy even have a legit post player. But 2 names to remember from Cookeville are Dan Curry(by the time he is a senior you are looking at a 6'5" forward who can run,shoot, and play D!) and Zach Hennigan(will promise to be one heck of a point guard). They have several other good players and shooters but those are the main two to watch out for.