Downs Leaves BGA

PG23FHSWR1

Whitney Downs of BGA is not hurt by any means, So don't be surprised when you don't see her in the Box Scores for BGA's Lady Wildcats the rest of the season. She will be transferring to another basketball powerhouse at the end of the school year and to be eligible for next season, she has to stop playing as of now so she can get her TSSAA requirement of One Year out of the way.

Good Luck Whitney!

PG23FHSWR1

I have heard where she is going, but if she wants to tell everyone now then she will.

As far as her quitting the team at BGA to transfer, I think it stinks. She is a very talented basketball player and a nice person, but obviously she just doesn't want to play at BGA. This is going to hurt BGA, but I do not think it will be a season ending loss. I think that BGA has the heart to play without her.

Good luck, Whitney, at your new school next year, and I hope you have a great season. Hope the decision was all yours and it is really what you want to do. Good luck the rest of your career and I hope that this move helps you in your quest to play where ever you want to play in college.

[Edited by wildcatfan on 1-26-03 3:57P]