John Higgins Disses Humphrey

Ballonu

This might be old news but i'm not sure whos heard about it and who hasn't. At the Maryville-Bearden game John Higgins was behind the Bearden bench yelling negetive comments about Lee Humphrey. He was sayin stuff like, "go to florida, we didn't want you any way." He said quite a few other derogatory statements about lee. My only question is, what did lee ever do to him. Tennessee didn't want lee, end of story. It wasn't lee's fault florida wanted him. Lee is a great guy, so for a player from UT to do that, speaks very poorly of UT basketball. Buzz, get your players under control!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JerryGarcia69

John Higgins is just jealous because he knows his shot stinks and Lee's is 10 times better. Higgins gets lucky every now and then a makes a few, but so does my 2 year old brother. I'm not a UT hater, but I really support Higgins. And if anyone sees Higgins again, ask him who won between UF and UT. As for Dane Bradshaw, the kids got game. More than Higgins for that matter, it should be interesting to watch these 2 (Lee and Dane) go head to head. Higgins is just another example of a HATER.

I have heard form a very reliable source that Higgins comments during the game were more of a tongue in cheek variety, This is about to be blown out of proportiom on this board. Sure U.T. will regrett not getting an outstanding player that just happens to be in their on back yard. But to much is being made of what most likely was some good natured ribbing.

I don't think anyone for the "Big Orange" will ever be truely great. First off, their coaches are way too leniant. Buzz isn't quite as leniant as Greene, but he still lets his players do a little too much, as long as that continues then they'll never be as good as they should be, but that lure of freedom is what reeled those players into the Tennessee uniform so once they settle down the good recruits might stop coming.

Posted by go370:

I have to disagree about noone from UT being truely great. Tennessee cares too much about athletics to just have a mediocre men's basketball team. This years team has just had some tough breaks in some close games.

I will also add Tennessee is a very young team a Freshman starts at point guard in C.J. Watson Tennessee has three Seniors and one Junior add in four Sophmores and the two transfers for next season and Tennessee should be really good and win all these games that they are losing keep in mind Tennessee has played Kentucky two a close game same thing at Florida and took Georgia to overtime and came within three to Louisville so these team is capable of doing some damage later in the year!