198 Total Points Scored Crockett Co- Humboldt

craigcoc

In one of the most amazing girl's games I have ever watched, Crockett County outlasted Humboldt in double overtime 100-98. In a game that had 62 fouls called the two teams combined for 198 points. The game was tied at 78 at the end of regulation but both teams kept up the pace in the extra periods to make up the final totals. I was wondering if anyone knows if this is a state record for most points for both teams combined in a game. I was not able to find the record on the TSSAA website but looked at some other state's record book and found that it would be the highest in some of the other states. If anyone knows what the record is please post it here.

The Lady Cavaliers had 6 players in double figures and the Lady Vikings had 3 players over 20. It was simply amazing.

[Edited by craigcoc on 1-29-03 12:36A]

On Feb. 14, 1956 Loudon scored 197 points by themselves in a boys game against McMinn County. I don't know how many McMinn had.

I also remember that when Lisa Leslie played high school that she scored 100 points in the first half alone. Think that coach was running it up?

[Edited by goosevol on 1-29-03 12:50A]

I'm sure there have been some high totals for one team and the totals would be higher for boys games but what I am interested in the total for two girls teams in one game. Ohio had 2 teams score 203 a few years ago. Michigan state record is 193. No where on the net can I find the Tennessee state record. I am quite sure this would have to be among the top 2 or 3 in the state and among the top ever in the nation. 98 points by a losing team may also be a record. Usually when a team gets 100 it is a blowout. Anybody with info let me know.

Here is a link to the Jackson Sun article.

http://miva.jacksonsun.com/miva/cgi-bin/mi...200301294623713

[Edited by craigcoc on 1-29-03 8:24A]