Best Defense in AAA

stealthcowboy

Guest raider1234

Coffee County should have a good defense. they have a good outfield. Clark and McNeese up the middle Vincent at first and webster at third they also have a good utility player in Peterson

going yard, I can agree with you on coffee counties infield with the exception with the comment you made on Webster and Peterson. These 2 boys are good solid ballplayers that give a 100% everytime they go on the field. I would like to know more about this experinced outfield, considering the only 2 sr.s they lost played c.f. and l.f. and the r.f. quit after the season.

I appreciate your loyalty to your team but Coffee Co. did not win a game in the district last year. Clark & McNeese are good players but neither can carry a team. I do believe they will win a few district games this year but they need Clark to pitch outstanding.The defense is weaker when he pitches. If they get above the 5 spot in the district it would be a big surprise.

Guest raider1234

Word is Clark may not always be playing shortstop when he's not pitching. Bigslim is right about Peterson and Webster. These two boys give 100% all the time. Peterson struggled last year when earning his starting job but I know him and I know that he was so nervous you could see him shaking. He got some playing experience and you can tell just by being around him that he's calmed down dramatically. When Peterson is calm he is great with the glove, during JV games he made great plays. Webster is no weak spot either. He did well when playing varsity both with the glove and with the bat.(He was a freshman) He will only get better. He is also a pretty good pitcher.

McNeese and Clark will not have to carry this team, they also have Vincent, senior catcher Matt Hale has also improved. They also have senior Blair Sellars who didn't play last year, and senior Pitcher Randall Youngblood

[Edited by raider1234 on 2-5-03 8:26P]

You are correct Levi, Coffee County did not win a district game last year. Did you know that also they had four soph. and one fresh. on the starting line up and out of that number four of them started on the infield. Plus two of those boys made all dristict. Not to mention McNeese and Clark had the highest batting avg. on the team and the most homeruns also. Plus they had to face the best picters in the district every game. Now I am not trying to be a smart tale with you or anything like that "i enjoy your comments" what do you think about our offense and defense?

I actually think the stenghth of Coffee Co. may be there offense. The defense judging by last year was not a strong point. If they really are improved in this area they will be a munch better team. Clark is a good athlete and McNeese is probably the best overall hitter on their team.The pitching after Clark will also be a key. Clark is not a dominant pitcher but is good enough to keep them in games.

• 2 weeks later...