Franklin vs. BGA's Cole Rose

FrankL

Franklin is playing BGA at home this saturday. Franklin is beginning to play better with the help of Matt Thompson and John Oroke. Matt was out earlier with a knee injury. Franklin lost to BGA in their first meeeting in early December.

I think it will be a better match game. Even though BGA only beat us by 2, it was because Cole Rose, that we lost. With a few seconds left in hte game, he stepped up to the free throw line and hit 2 crucial free throws to put them up by 2. Franklin couldn't convert the last bucket and ended up losing. Cole Rose deserves respect. The guy can play some seriouse ball. I've seen him play some other teams other than us, such as Father Ryan and BA. Both of these games he was high man vs. hard defense. He can drive well and knows when to shoot, and when to pass. Even though franklin has some injured players returning, i think that it will be a tough game. BGA's post players are bigger than franklin's and i htink that their guards out match ours.

I think that the game can go either way this time. If BGA plays hard and well, Cole Rose should lead them to a victory.

i agree with the previous notation about Cole Rose. When playing vs. him, he couldn't decided wether to play a box and one on him, or just man up. Because with the box and one, he can hurt us by passing to his other team mates, while getting them wide open, but if we manned up agaisnt him, he would get to just drive and score. We went man, and he beat us. This guy is the real deal, he can PLAY.

i agree w/ you. cole rose is a very good player. he knows when to shoot and pass. He's got a bunch of help w/ tripp hibbett to pass to . Michael Ross and Ben purcell usually have solid performances down low and Joe Mcknight and Andrew Russell provide help on the outside w/ good shots. Look for BGA to get better as the season goes on.

any new predictions on this game considering that franklin has played two of the top teams in the state (Hilsboro and Brentwood) really close this past week? franklin played a really really strong brentwood and led for a lot of the game, losing it in the final minutes by only 5.....could have gone either way. does this changed anyones predictions?

i saw a lot a BGA folk in the stands watching the franklin brentwood game.

While indeed Cole is a very good player, I feel that Franklin has improved more than BGA has since last they met. One player can't win a game for ya, I don't care who you are. It was also the second game of the season (first tough game as the Rebels opened with Ravenwood). I'd say Franklin has the upper-hand, though I agree, BGA could win again as well. I'll say Franklin by 5 or less. Go Rebs!