Oak Ridge at Powell for 3AAA Championship

mocs30

Though both will have district games to play after tonight, this game is, in all likelihood, probably for the regular season championship. Tough break for Oak Ridge that they have to come back tonight after a big loss to Maryville, but they may be getting their point guard, Gulmire, back tonight. Should be a great game. If either team slips in the next few district games though, Karns can still win the district. History favors the Wildcats as Powell has never won the District or District tournament since moving up to 3AAA in 1993-94.

Chill, you're right, Clinton still has a chance, but they lost their best player, Vibbert to transfer and I just don't think that they can beat Karns, Oak Ridge, or Powell without him. I've been wrong many times before though. Right now, Karns, Powell, OR, and Clinton all have only two district losses I believe.

Although the District doesn't have a dominate team and it is not as strong as in the past it certainly is very competitive. There is a possibility that 5 teams could win the District tiurnament O.R., Powell, Clinton, Karns, and Central. Central has many offensive weapons if they can be more solid on Defense they could be in the hunt. The tournament will be very interesting. Unfortunately it will most likely be one and out in the region for these teams.

I agree, that tournament will be wide open. Does anybody know where the distrcit tournament and the region tournament are for that matter. Last year, the district was at Clinton, so my aphabet tells me it should be at Halls. The Region Tournament was at William Blount last year and I have no idea about this year.

As I have said several times on here I am a Central alumnus and a native of Ftn.City. Just because I recognize that Central is more competitive in B-Ball doesn't mean I agree with the illegal activity going on in the football program and the fact that they didn't make a very good effort in their search for a basketball coach. And as I have said many times before I am not the only one in the Ftn.City that is disappointed in the direction the football program is going and I am not talking about wins and losses. As it turns out the B-Ball coach is growing up a little bit and his team is playing better as a result.

Powell won a tight ballgame tonight 67-60. The game was fairly well played by both teams. Oak Ridge did not have Zach Gulmire. I talked to him after the game briefly and he said he would be back in about a week. I'm thinking it should probably be two weeks, he was not walking well. Drew Ogan carried Powell, and Powell actually got decent guard play out of Dustin Lucas and Dustin Plumlee. Don't know how much not having Gulmire hurt, but my guess is that it was Powell's night whether he had played or not. If these teams played ten times, my guess is that they would split 5-5. Very even teams.