McKenzie Area

soccerpro1

Had Baylor held up their end of semis, we could have had an all Hamilton/Bradley counties D1 D2 finals at Big Mac. I can see it now - 6000 or 7000 real wrestling fans. TSSAA ought to move this tournament to Chattanooga where amateur wrestling is appreciated! Someone ask the Chattanooga Sports committee to offer the TSSAA some money. We know they'll move it in a heartbeat.

[Edited by soccerpro1 on 2-1-03 3:10P]

Guest KatyBug

It would royally stink to have duals and traditional in chattanooga. That would mean that us lil sisters would have to just worry about that much more work. Why would you want to go to chattanooga one weekend go home and come back . Think about the people who live in clarksville and surrounding areas. We all have to make a little bit of sacrifices sometimes.

Regardless of where it's held, I wish a venue with more seating capacity could be found. The Clarksville people did a fine job hosting and the tournament was well run - but this good tournament needs a bigger house.

Like someone said in another post, MTSU would be a convenient location for everyone and their facilities would accomodate all the fans more comfortably.

The traditionals are held in a neutral location and I think the Duals should in a neutral location. IF it going to be held at one of the TSSAA school sites, why not give the defending State Champs the option of holding ir in their own school. Why let Clarksville be the only place that gather the profits every year? That make sn sense at all. Espically since Clarksvill is not large enough handle the teams and the crowd. MTSU, UTC, or even UTK would jump at the chance to hold the tournament at their locations. ;)

I would think that Lipscomb Univ Allen Arena (in Nashville) would be an excellent alternative. The arena holds approx 5000, so you couldnt get more centrally located, considering the interstate systems.

I think the primary reason for the state tourneys remaining in stable locations for consectuative years is logistics. Morgan and his people do an incredilbe job in Chattanooga, and always have. Artie in Clarksville does equally as well. If you moved it every year, you have to redo it every year. It doesnt make sense.

If numbers are the draw, you have more wrestling in middle TN than any other part of the state by a multiple of 3. So move the enire thing to Nashville!

reftn