Grand Championships

wcwpioneers

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There were really two tournaments going on. One for freshman, which MBA dominated (with a nod to FRA), and one for middle schools (a team dual). I was more interested in the duals. Warren County did well and won fairly handily against, well, not the strongest teams. Kenwood didn't have a wrestler over 160, and their 160 weighed 148. West Wilson had mainly b-teamers and some forfeits. Mt. Juliet was minus 4-5 starters and had second string in their place, and Nashville Catholic had seven starters out and 4 forfiets. Fairview seemed to have a full team and some pretty nice wrestlers. Their 123 was flat out good. Not sure of his name, but we'll all find out soon. Anyway, Warren Co. won, Fairview second, Mt. Juliet third, and Nashville Catholic fourth. Interesting match-Nashville Catholic's coach bumped a 152 pound Bateman up to 175 against Warren County's undefeated kid (though I think he only weighed 167). Pretty agressive wrestler and he almost tossed Bateman, though that just appeared to make Bateman mad. Bateman pinned him first period. Don't know if he is going to Ryan next year but he's the real deal.

Individualy I only know Bundy won 112 and Pair won 103 not much of a challenge for pair one match and he wins to finals for a forfiet. Bundy missed the 103 weighins by 3 ounces Bumped up to 112. Not sure on rest except 120 and I'm still not sure.

[Edited by tecca on 2-2-03 9:55P]

Not making excuses for one of my boys but here goes. I know Bateman is a stud and by no means am I taking away from his abilites but WC 175 that he wrestled has only wrestled this year. Not bad for a first timer. Once he learns how to wrestle we may see a rematch sometime in the future. But right now no doubt Bateman is a stud!!!!