Bradley County Whiners

BackyardLegend

I thought that I would take a look today and see what was up with everyone on Coach T.com and ran into a thread that had Walker Valley fans and Bradley fans arguing about strength of schedule and such.

From what I've seen this year, both schools need to applaud their teams for their efforts and have a reality check about where they stand among the state's elite.

Neither school is really playing a poor schedule. Both teams have played some good teams. Cleveland High School has what I consider a decent team. They're not awesome...but they're not bad either. Coach Moore lined up teams like Shelbyville, Lawrence County, Oak Ridge, etc..

While Cleveland played hard in each of those games, it was very apparent that the Lady Raiders weren't in the same league with those perennial state powers. The Lady Raiders were easily defeated in those games.

Cleveland and Bradley seem to be playing on the same level. Walker Valley handled the Lady Raiders at the Stable earlier and will play them again Monday night at Cleveland. I believe that it will be a better game at Cleveland. Either way, nobody in this county seems to be head and shoulders above anyone else. They are all decent teams that could potentially go far in the playoffs. Do any of them have the potential to make a realistic run at the state championship? Personally, I don't think so. If any of those 3 teams can win it, I would have to say that Walker Valley would have the best shot. Keep one thing in mind 'Stang fans...AA and AAA are two completely different worlds. If not, then why do we have classifications?

Both District and Region tournaments are going to be great! Cleveland, McMinn County, and Bradley will battle it out in AAA, and Walker Valley and Central will have some unforgetable games. Good Luck to the Lady Mustangs, Bearettes, and Lady Raiders for the remainder of the season!!!

The Backyard Legend