Top 20 Seniors in Tennessee.................

gomab2

These are not my final Post-winter Rankings.... Just a sample to get feedback to work on the final Rankings due out right after State Tourney.......

1)Lee Humphrey, Maryville

2)Kenyonna Swader, Smyrna

3)Brian Fisk, Dyer Co

4)Wadele Williams, Columbia

5)Marcus Hammond, East

6)Montrelle Crittendon, Dyer Co

7)Matt Malone, Greeneville

8)Ryan Wiley, Bolivar

9)Antjuan Koger, LaVergne

10)Marc Gasol, Lausanne

11)Brandon Harriford, Hume Fogg

12)Dane Bradshaw, White Station

13)Joshua Peppers, Whitehaven

14)Darryl Sommerset, Bolton

15)Vince Redd, Elizabethton

16)Tre Williams, Harding

17)Ricky Harper, Howard

18)Courtney Bohannon, Hamilton

19)Keith Hardaway, Munford

20)Travis Strong, White Station

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gomab, since you have Oakland rated #2 in AAA, shouldn't their two top players (Duggin and Barker) deserve some consideration for your top 20 list? Your original list had them at 94 and 47 respectively but certainly they have to be higher than that with the way Oakland is playing.

Suddath is #26, Britt #34, and Sexton #38 right now.....

I love Britt's game, and had the priveledge of getting to Coach him this past summer with the Ballerz.....

Radar, I love Oakland's team, but you know as well as I do that neither are Top 20 prospects.... Both have moved up, however, especially Duggin.... Barker #41 and Duggin #61 right now.......

Swader has had a good year, as he is the most versatile player in the State... He is a 6'8 G who runs PG, 2G, WF, or BF at different times. He is not a big time scorer, but a big time prospect nonetheless..... He will be a MAJOR impact player at the Mid Major level for MTSU.....

Not trying to change your mind but I think that Wayne "Bootsy" Parks should have moved up instead of down from your preseason rankings. Parks has led his team, Hillcrest to a 5&2 district record thus far in the season, and carries a 17.5 pts 6.1 assists 4.5 rebs per game. Parks is the only player on his team that has more than 1 year of varsity experience. Parks could easily average 20 or more points a game, but Parks doesn't worry about average only about wins. His season highs have come against elite teams in Memphis. Against nationally ranked Memphis Fairley, Parks had 27pts 8 assists and 6rebs in a 68 to 66 overtime loss. Against Memphis Sheffield, Parks scored a career high 34pts on 8 of 11 from the 3pt line with 6assist and 5 rebs for a 66 to 48 Hillcrest win. Parks could have easily pad his average against lesser teams, and average 25 pts a game, but his unselfish play and love for the assist, keeps his scoring totals down. If any player in Tennessee means more to his team than Parks does to Hillcrest, I really feel them. Remember Hillcrest has lost all state performer Tyrone Scott and top 100 player Nick Stigger, but thru Parks leadership the Vikings are headed for their best district record in several years. College coaches see a well balanced player that has qualified and can play either the 1 or 2 position. Too bad Parks doesn't play for the Hamiltons, Fairleys, Melroses, Ridgeways, White Stations, etc, etc. There's no doubt that he could play well for any of those schools, but leading a team that doesn't have all the so called superstars on it is a better fit for Bootsy. When signing day comes we'll see who stands tall, Bootsy is definitely a top twenty player in the state of Tennessee.

Gomab,

I notice a couple of things on your list:

One: Where is the Skogen kid? He has played against great competition, A, AA, AAA and has excelled against them all, and he is not in the top twenty? I could be wrong, but I believe he is leading the STATE is scoring, and not in the top 20?

Two: You have two kids from ONE school, and not one player from single A. You really don't think that single A can put ONE player on the top twenty list?

Three: And I don't mean any disrespect, but what is your love with Harper from Howard? He is good, but he is not THAT good, and I am baffled that you don't have some others even on the list, and then have him that high. He is not even the first or second best player on his team. (Mason, and Henderson are better)

I have always appreciated your comments and insights, but I have some serious questions about what appears to be tunnel vision.