Lewis County Legends Report to Spring Training

fadeaway

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Legends met once again Wednesday evening to a packed gymnasium of screaming fans (actually it was the middle school girls softball team holding tryouts!). The games were very lopp-sided, with Bobby "BUSCH" Young showing up at the last minute. Despite having taken a 6 month lay-off from the game of basketball to focus on his billards career, the "American Dream" showed why he is one of the greatest legends of them all, consistently nailing jumper after jumper while averaging about 5 steals a game. Love him or hate him, you have to respect his ability to dominate a series the way he did last night.

Fung was on TEAM 1 and joined by "The Future"; the Reynalds twins--Ryan and Chris (who was formerly known as "Smits" but has now been dubbed "YAO" by several players now that his game has improved dramatically); and the Ole' Dirty B himself, Lil' Jerry. TEAM 2 consisted of the Keltner's, T-MAC, Lantz Dabbs, and "Sugar" Shane Lowery.

From the beginning, TEAM 1 dominated. They shot around 73% the entire night, and won the series 4 games to none. The Co-MVP's were Young and ODB. The Keltner's left the gymnasium in shame and refused to comment to Hulon Dunn after the games when he asked how they felt this series would hurt their ranking as one of the best 1-2 punches in the league. When asked about the alleged point shaving, Jonah responded that he never consciously cheated in any game he participated in (when Dunn followed up by asking about subconsciously cheating, he declined to comment). However Josh responded that any score altering he may have done in the past, he only did it only carry on the legacy of Bryan Tibbs.

In this morning's Memorial Park Report, Park League Commissioner Howard "The Bear" Spears reported that an investigation is under way concerning the Keltner's alleged point shaving scandal. The Bear stated,"As a result of the numerous allegations against the Keltners for shaving points, I have decided to go back and review film of their 799 wins to determine if any illegal activity has been taking place. If there is clear evidence to support these reports of score tampering, then I will have no choice but to impose the death penalty on the Keltner's this season."

The staff at League Headquarters is currently reviewing numerous game films and a verdict could be reached as early as Monday.

First I'd like to say I have never cheated or shaved any points off my opponents scores during a game ;)

Second we only decided to play on Wednesday at the last minute and only had enough to play around 5:00. The next games will probably be next Wednesday evening since I believe the Panthers will be playing on Mon. and Tues. And CUZ, you are always invited!

Bob Ley was reported to be in town and taking interviews for a special report on ESPN's "Outside the Lines" on the Keltner's alleged point shaving. The two-part episode will air in next week. Interviewees include Eugene Grinder who was quoted as saying that "this could be the biggest scandal to rock the Lewis County sports front since the transfer of the top notch athletes to Columbia Academy." Albert Ellison, former coach of the Keltner duo said that he would not release any information without the payment of a Snickers bar. His story will be told in a future update of the story after the investigation is finished. In a rare interview a man who would only go on the basis of his identity would be kept a secret said that he vowed to never play again because of the Keltner's insistence that he would never get the next game and would always cheat the score when he did play. He also said that he has stopped playing because of lack of competition. More excerpts from interviews later on. Stay tuned to these surprising developments and keep an eye on ESPN for further details.

I have heard the Legends will be back on the court this Wednesday night. I am anxious to see if the Keltner's come back with vingance after losing three in a row and being accused of point shaving. Can ODB stay hot and will Fung continue to play after being named MVP of all 3 games last week. It has been rumored Gary Craig and Howard "Bear" Spears will keep score for Wed. games to avoid any more controversy. Many Legends who have missed the majority of the preseason are speculated to be returning..Larry Rodgers, Evan Lawson, Andy Lawson, and MVP nomine Jason Alexander, Coach Cox. Wed. games should be very exciting!

In honor of February being Black History month I'd like to make a list of the top 10 most influential African American Legends to play at the Courts.

10. David "INDO" Williams - Best known for his quick defensive hands and for breaking Creature's record of most consecutive days having next.

9. Bryan Tibbs - His score-keeping ability (which he's allegedly passed on to the Keltner's) and sagging pants with no underwear on are unforgettable. He also had mad game.

8. Floyd Tubbs, Jr. - A great leaper and trash talker whose rebounding ability has rarely been matched.

7. Kenny McGill - Arguably the quickest player in courts history with a pull-up jumper that was second to none. His unique vocabulary gave us terms such as "YAAAACKUUM" and "THREEEEECOLAA".

6. Lil' Jerry Brown - Straight outta the streets of Little Rock, ODB was the first person under 5 foot to be selected to the Courts All-Star team.

5. Eric from Lawrenceburg - His leaping and dunking ability could only be topped by Drew.

4. Mike "Chocolate Thunder" Dunn - In most opinions he's one of the top-5 Legends of all time; as fierce an inside player as anyone the courts have ever seen.

3. Robert "Downtown" Brown - Brought prestige and honor to the courts and was a friend to all that played.

2. Drew Robinson - The best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be.

1. Charlie Tibbs - Most famous for breaking the color barrier by being the first black athlete to appear at the segregated middle school courts in 1957, while at the tender age of 13. His first season was a struggle as he battled for acceptance among his white peers. But it was worth it, because he opened the door for countless African American athletes in Lewis County, who since then have made major contributions to the history of the courts.

Guest biggieshorty

all i have to say to the keltners is this...ya'll had best be on the lookout for the lewis county boys intramural team...we are coming out to win..its gonna take more than just a bunch of "has beens" to take us out