Baylor parents need to grow up

Guest gibder03

Guest gibder03

I personally heard negative remarks coming from the Baylor side of the fans directed at the opposition's bench. So show some class and grow up. As for the gatorade incident, the girl's father told me that she had to go change do to gatorade thrown on her and she was sittin in front of Baylor fans. Just out of curiosity, is there anyone who isn't from Baylor who does not agree with me?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks vol, will you be joining us at our Fairfield Inn potluck dinner next year? You're welcome. Ask Chig and '03s pop if they had a good time.

Gibder03, et al.

No gatorade was "thrown" on any one. A bottle that was left on the floor was kicked over. It is my impression that this was an accident. At least that's what the perpatrator says. He is an honest kid, and I believe him. And, he appologized to the girls and helped clean it up.

[Edited by KingLuke on 2-4-03 3:23P]

giber03:

I put off replying on this thread thinking this silliness would go away; as it should. Since it hasn't. I'll respond to your question.

My kid is a sophmore wrestler for Chattanooga Notre Dame. Over the last several years; he's had the privilege of wrestling on the McCallie Tornado Youth Wrestling team, and, attending a summer weight training program attended by many of Baylor's wrestlers.

We still enjoy the numerous friendships we made with wrestlers and parents from both schools. Incidentally, I'll always be grateful to the wonderful people at McCallie for allowing kids like mine the opportunity to enjoy the finest facilities, and, some of the best coaching in the entire South. Best of all, it's open to ANY kid who wants to wrestle and put his heart into.

The Baylor wrestlers and parents I've met over the last 3 summers are nothing but the finest. I've attended many of the same tournaments with Baylor, plus we hosted them a few weeks ago when they cleaned our clock. Their conduct and sportsmanship are above reproach.

I don't know anything about the Gatorade incident, but I don't believe for one minute any of the Baylor parents were involved.

Please don't take the "gossip" on this statewide party-line seriously. Especially when negative accusations are involved.

[Edited by ijtx on 2-4-03 3:26P]

King - Michael White's dad is David. I don't think Chig knows how to have a bad time. Last year's hotel was a little nicer for the lil bros and sis with the indoor pool. It was on the other side of Wilma Rudolph. We were too late with our reservations this year, but we should try to make it Chattanooga west next year.

Wouldn't it be great if public and private school participants and parents could get along? It is silly that an incident involving a drink spilling on a girl at a wrestling match could start such a pointless argument. I personally believe that there should be only one division in Tennessee wrestling. It would help avoid much of the public/private segregation. As a soon-to-be educator in this state, I take offence to the references concerning who has the best facilities, manners, and the most money. I will never teach in a private institution, but not because I have a grudge. I am an advocate of equal opportunity for everyone, regardless if they can afford a private education and private wrestling coaches. I don't think worse of private school parents or students; actually they are generally well behaved like all of us generally are. I believe that the public education system should be funded as well as private schools are. Maybe then people wouldn't make absurd statements like shaking hands will public school wrestlers will give them ring worm. Also, maybe would could settle the argument of who would win between "the blue school" and Bradley once and for all. Who says that? I say that.

I would like to clear things up. The accusation that Baylor wrestler's don't shake hands with public schools because we are afraid to get ringworm is totally false and ridiculous. We shake hands with everyone whether their from a public school or not. Like I said before, who ever posted this thread has no idea what they are talking about and it's pretty obvious to everyone. Also maybe you guys who are starting these rumor's might need to grow up.

As the Karns High School wrestling coach from 1981 to 1996 I had the privilege of coaching against and working with Jim Morgan on many occassions. I have always found him and the Baylor staff, students, and fans to be outstanding. Baylor came to the Karns Tournament every year from the beginning of Coach Morgan's tenure as coach. I agree with him 100% in not shaking hands after a match. As some of you will remember Karns never shook hands until the meet was over and we never shook hands during a tournement. Too many times a coach is geting ready for his next match and is not available to shake hands with a wrestler and the job is left up to some other member of the coach's staff, making it appear that the coach is avoiding the wrestler especially if the coach was on the loosing side.

I have coached against all of the top ranked teams in Tennessee, sometimes I won and sometimes I lost, but I found every one of those coaches to be outstanding even if I did not always agree with them. Tennessee wrestling is blest with some outstanding coaches and fans. Remember that without our closeness and regard for one another, our sport will not continue to grow.

Hey bosshogwahoo, were you trying to be cute with the Jewish slur? It's not appriciated here. Maybe you meant no harm, maybe you are ignorant and did. Whatever. Just please leave religious practices out of these threads.