Region 6 Finals

Guest bqahs

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bgahs, i disagree with your prediction at 145, for one, i dont think that Clemons from Glencliff will be in the finals, and i dont think that Engels will have it easy, he had it handed to him by Mt. Juliets 145 i think the score was 14-3 i would take the Hillwood kid and Coffin in the finals..

On the brackets it shows Walker's record as 0-0 but it looks like some of the othe MLK wrestlers are the same so maybe the did not have record information available. In the agates for the MLK-Glencliff and MLK-NCS matches that were in Tuesday's Tennessean they had a Walker wrestling for MLK at 140-----no other Walkers listed-----so I am assuming that this was the guy and he was wrestling up in those matches which the agates reflect he lost.

I don't believe the boos were directed at the wrestlers. There were a couple of guys out there in black and white shirts, it may be that the crowds' displeasure was directed at them. Both wrestlers were stalling and only one of them got called for it. That call decided the match. In my opinion it was a bad call to only penalize one of the wrestlers for stalling when both were guilty.

Both Hodge and Drinkwine are fine wrestlers, both have an outstanding chance at medals in chattanooga next weekend and neither guy should feel that any boos were directed at them.

Posted by bassin:

Does anybody know anything about the FRA 8th grader? Is he that good?

Bassin----The 8th grader described by Wipperman, Clay Mitchell, took 3rd place at 130 in the region last night, recording 3 pins along the way and beating Caples from Hillsboro 5-3 in the consolation final match. His loss was to Aaron Brewster (by pin) in the championship semifinals-----and a lot of good wrestlers have lost to Brewster. Not a bad showing for an 8th grader, so yeah, I guess he is that good.

Wipperman----good description of Mitchell and his future potential. Hope he listens to your advice. If so, we will be seeing a lot of posts on him in the future. And congratulations on your championship win over Valentine last night. Do some damage at state.

Bqahs----nice job of "going out on a limb" and picking Mitchell to make some noise in the first place.

[Edited by BuckLateral on 2-9-03 9:32A]

I have posted this on this board before....

The Semis are for taking

The Finals are for protecting

If those two guys had wrestled in the semis, it would have been a totally different match. Not that JDrinkwine wouldnt have won, he very well may have, but....

to win the Semi Final match, is to automatically punch your ticket for Chattanooga. Once in the finals, you are going, with no doubt, so many if not most wrestlers will wrestle very opportunistic in the final.

reftn