UTC.v.s.Carson-Newman

Guest ACS

Guest 1moretime

do you think levitt could go with eslinger? no!! logsdon and eslinger went at it all the time. and dont forget logsdon runs, swims and bikes everyday, not to mention triathlons, during the summer. just for the record i would like to see any of these guys go with turner jackson during the non-bum knee days.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1more - Turner was outstanding. I remember him winning the Southern Open the year after he was out of college wrestling. I'm sure that Logsdon is tough, certainly won't gas out with all that conditioning. He has to be good just by wrestling with the recent top Bradley wrestlers. He graduated UTC about 10 plus years back? I'm not familiar with his college career, how many southern conf championships and NCAA tourney wins? Levitt is only 2 years removed from starting at Boise St. He was ranked to finish as AA until his spinal injury. I don't know how he does with Heath (who is outstanding also), but I have a lot of confidence in him. Thought we were matching up high school coaches anyway?

Let's get to the truth walkenvol. You've spent the better part of the last decade running down Bradley wrestling at every opportunity. Now you've got Coach Logsdon getting his butt kicked in fictional matches. Do you feel better?

In reality, you and Steve locked up once in the Soddy Daisy gym between sessions. You initiated it and you regretted it. You were taken down no less than 18 times in a row with nothing to offer in return. That's right, not one. I noticed on another board, you wanted to bet someone about another topic " because tuition was due". Do you want to bet on this one, too?

Seems that Israel Heil's dad was in the stands that day with his little old cam-corder. It seems he captured all 18 consecutive takedowns on tape. Yes, I've seen it and it is ugly. To your credit, you finally walked (stumbled) away. Still don't believe me? Call Steve. I'm sure he can find that tape in the back of the closet somewhere and get you a copy. Oh, I forgot. You only talk ABOUT Coach Logsdon, never TO him.

Dear Walkenvol,

I would like to personally extend an invitation to you for dinner at our house. I thought you might like to converse with my husband in person since you spend so much time typing about him. He is really a great guy, you might enjoy the time you spend with us. I promise I will not let him show you the tape and please, no wrestling in the living room. I have that enough! ;)

Your favorite coach's wife

Walkenvol,

As much as I love my wife, I must veto her offer. While I'm sure you and I would hit it off great, with all we have in common, it probably would not be a good idea. That's just what you need...more ammunition. You would, no doubt, critique my choice of furniture, our dog and my wife's cooking. You'd be awake on coacht all night long searching for just the right words to slander me. As I've said before, at least you are consistent. Good luck with your anti-Bradley campaign.

Coach Logsdon

Sling - Produce a post where I've run down Bradley. You can't because its not there. I always have and still do respect the Bradley program and the fine people who have built it especially Coach Logsdon. This is what I have repeatedly stated on this forum along with continually exploring a common ground where all the top programs in the state wrestle one another. That alone is the only difference I have with Coach Logsdon or anyone else there. As to coaches wrestling, this would be called satire, a little levity. Obviously no coaches are going to wrestle and if they were, no one would have any way to predict the outcome. Although, I can tell you with certainty, that a match between me and anyone would be ugly, especially with Legman. Yes, he was nice enough to let me play 10 years back at the Soddy gym without hurting me. I missing your point though, I'm I supposed to be embarassed that a younger high school wrestling coach would be a better wrestler then me?

Red - I've never heard anyone that knows him say that your husband wasn't a great guy. If I lived in Bradley County, I would be glad to have him coach my sons.

Coach Logsdon,

I have enjoyed debating the D1/D2 topic with you, Sly, Heath, and others over the last year. But obviously, you are interpreting my opinions on this single issue as a personal attack on you and the Bradley program, and for that I apologize. If this issue cannot be discussed without people feeling offended, then I'm going to withdraw from the debate. Once and for all, I will state for the world, that Bradley has a great wrestling program and Coach Logsdon has been outstanding during his tenure there. Best wishes to you and your wife and good luck and health to your team these next 2 weekends.

UTC's 197 is hurt. And we don't have a HWT. either. So that is the reason for the forfeits. Like it would have made a difference anyways? Carson Newman looked out of shape. They also backed up...they should have been "bumped" for stalling in the match...L8er!!!!