DI v. DII - Champion Challenge

pantheon

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

walkenvol....still beating the dead horse are you???? Seems I remember a few years back at Soddy Daisy during a break at the region tournament I believe, a little takedown session between Coach Logsdon and yes...the walkenvol. Would you be willing to do it again......all for supporting UTC of course. LOL

Guest somethingCLEVER

i think thats a great idea,but i dont think that it would be too competetive.....i think a better idea would be to form a team out of both div.1 and div.2 individual state champions and have a dual meet between the two teams.....i would definitely pay a big chunk of cash to see that.....

Deaddux, let me make sure I understand. McCallie wrestles Bradley after the state and the split is 33% each for UTC, Bradley, and the TSSAA? Not that McCallie needs the money, but don't you think they should get 33% somewhere in here? Maybe 25% for each then McCallie can donate theirs to UTC?

Anyway, it's fun to dream and I'd pony up a few $100 tickets to see it, but it ain't happening.

Don't y'all just hate it that you can't push Coach Logsdon around! Now you're trying to buy him by offering money to Bradley? Just because you can buy everything else, do you think you can buy anything?

You even are setting the amounts! Somebody is willing to pay $100 for tickets. I'll bet he'd really pay more than that - cause he can! 1/3 to Bradley, pay everybody, etc.

We love it! Keep up the good work.

Hey cw160, I could care less what coach Logsdon does or doesn't do. If I was him, which I ain't, I'd wrestle McCallie just to kick their butt every year. Same with all the DII schools. He opts not to wrestle DII teams. Hey, it's his team and he can do whatever he wants with it. I respect his decision and support his right to make that decision. And yeah, I'd pay $100 to watch the match because I think it would be a good match and a packed house and a heck of an event for wrestling...but those are for front row seats remember. ;)

Hey cw160, I could care less what coach Logsdon does or doesn't do. If I was him, which I ain't, I'd wrestle McCallie just to kick their butt every yearI think that's exactly the problem. Old Steverino ain't too sure he'll whip McCallie's collective butts. . Same with all the DII schools. He opts not to wrestle DII teams. Hey, it's his team and he can do whatever he wants with it. I respect his decision and support his right to make that decision. And yeah, I'd pay $100 to watch the match because I think it would be a good match and a packed house and a heck of an event for wrestling...but those are for front row seats remember

Sly - I remember, strange that you would though. But that was before he knew about the blue in my future. I believe matching the coaches up would be something people would pay to see. Now, if we want to match up over the hill dad supporters, you and I might make a good match (for 30 seconds before one of us passed out) but I doubt anyone would pay to watch it.

I personally would love to see bradley and mccallie wrestle, i think it would be a great match. I would think the bradley coach or the mccallie coach would jump at the chance to be the undisputed state champ this year. After all we haven't had a true state champ, individual or team in several years. The separation was horrible for the sport and in my opinion should have never happened. I just wish we could name a state champion that was actually the best in the state, not two first's, that taks a lot of the meaning out of it