All Star Meet

ridingtime

Here is an idea. Why don't the coaches pick a date during the year to have an all star meet. Use the same format the NCAA does but let one side be private and one be public. Of course you will get complaints on someone not being chosen, but starting at the top of the rankings and ask if the student athlete would like to participate. Declining doesn't equate to being a coward, it just means it doesn't fit your schedule. You may end up with a #4 vs. # 1, but it would still be exciting to watch. Couldn't happen this year but it's an idea for years to come. Definitely should be held at UTC. I think Sly and Walkenvol should be the coaches. (HA, HA!) This could become a pretty neat event if coaches would work their scheduling around that one specific date.

This is an excellent idea - wish I'd thought of it. Even if you can only admit seniors, it would be a spectacular event. Imagine the matchups there would be!

I'd say there is a groundswell of support and interest for an event like this all across the state.

I'll bet walkenvol and sly could make it happen and provide us with some fabulous wrestling competition.

Fantastic idea!