Oliver Springs wins 2nd consecutive District 2AA c

OS91

The Lady Bobcats win the District 2AA championship because of Kingston's homecourt loss to Loudon tonight. OS currently has only one district loss with one game remaining. Even if OS were to lose their final game against Scott County, the Lady Cats secured 1st place due to the tiebreaker of a preseason drawing.

I would like to say that Oliver Springs did not win there 2nd straight regular season district title. Last year they tied with Loudon and Loudon got the tiebreaker. This is the first regular season district title under Coach Wright. They are hoping for a 2nd consecutive tournament title, but that will be difficult. Some of the district teams are playing better.

District 4 has not faired well in the past against District 3. The #1 seed from district 4 has been the only team to win for the past 4 years. There may be a changing of the guard this year. District 4 may win 2 or 3 of the games in the region. What does everyone else think about this? :confused:

My post was in response to OS91's original post stating that OS secured #1 based on the tiebreaker system of drawing numbers. He made it sound like OS was district champs based on the tiebreaker. If that was his point then OS did not win the tiebreaker last year, therefore would be considered 2nd.

I agree with OZCAT and BBALL that co-champions is the correct terminology. And yes that means that OS has tied or won the regular season district crown 2 straight years!! Congrats to the ladies!! It says a lot about the players!!