13AA Coach of the Year...

TheWarden

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me preface this by saying that when on the sidelines Butch has probably done his best coaching in the past three years this season. However, I can't go along with naming him coach of the year after being suspended for five games and with all of the controversy this year. It would be like legitimizing what's taken place. He did share it last year with Tim Britt, much to the dismay of the Choctaw faithful. This year I'd have to go with Shane Sisco. They've played DC close both times, had three battles with Westview(won 1) and played a tough non-district schedule with no real thoroughbreds in the stable! Team full of avg-good players but no one in the Caldwell/Williams/McCadney mold. It makes a coaches job a lot easier if he's got good horses to ride.

Your right he did share it with Tim Britt and Tim took the trophy. The award is for the best coach. Shane Sisco is a good young coach, one of the top three or four in the district. But Dyer Co is a perfect 10 and 0 in the District. Shouldn't that count for something? And no one works harder than Butch Hopkins. He probably won't get it, but he deserves it.

a 10-0 record should be a good enough reason for him to take it home this year.. seems westview claimed more awards than dc did last year. i remeber marcus bright got player of the year in stead of perry powell but yet perry got all state first team for the second year in a row.dc had all five of its starters on all district, all region, and all state. still it was unbelable that marcus won the award over perry. marcus was great but not better than perry!!

good post shooter41!!!!! :)

[Edited by dcchoctaws1 on 2-9-03 8:53P]

I am not bashing Coach Hopkins!!!!!!!!

I think the award has to go to the coach who has done the most for his team all year long. If not for the 5 game suspension, Coach Hopkins is a lock. This is why I have Coach Sisco as the front runner.

As for the MVP last year, answer this:

Which team would have missed their respective superstar more, Dyer Co. or Westview?

I have my own opinion about the two players, but I(for once) will keep it to myself!! :)