BEST RECEIVERS IN THE STATE NEXT YEAR

TRIBE1

I was just wanting to get some input as to who everyone thinks will be the best receiver in the state of TN next year. One that obviously stands out to me being a former Dobyns-Bennett Indian is Lamon Williams. If nobody believed that this kid is for real last season, I'd say that they do now after he recieved sophomore All-American honors this year. He is 6'3" and close to 190 lbs. with speed to go along(his strides are inbelievably long). His numbers this year were out of this world but he will draw a lot of attention next year, so we will see what he's made of then. I know Science Hill had a pretty good receiver last year named Chantz Scott but I don't know what year he is. What about middle and west TN, who will they have? Let me know who you think will be the man next year. Peace.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

chantz scott was a senior this season and led the conference..he had more catches and yards than lamon had in the regular season...but there is no doubt about lamon being the man next season...he may be the best in the state next year...db just needs a quarterback who can throw the ball up to him b/c mears is gone...

Science Hill had a one dimension threat (Chantz), remember DB had several weapons to spread the offense. Lamon did not get near as many looks. Per throw to receiver Lamon was dominant. I have seen both, Lamon is on another level, that is why he is All American all state. Numbers can be deceiving, you gotta look deeper.

First of all, lamon and chantz are two completely different receivers... lamon is about 6'3" 185, while chantz is 6'0" 170...when these two receivers met head to head chantz ends up with almost 100 yards receiving against one of the best teams in the state...while lamon ends up with 0! lamon has great size and reasonable speed....but chantz has average size and is twice as fast as lamon and catches everything...lamon had a chance to score a td in that game but dropped a wide open pass...the reason why he had 0 yards is b/c science hill had the best secondary in the conference. what will happen when he lines up against corners in the sec or the acc?? And who ever compared him to adarius bowman, there is no comparison...adarius is a complete receiver. lamon is just not as good as people think he is. he is a good high school receiver, but come on; you guys really think he will be the best high school reveiver in the nation?? He won't even break mike rader's conference record for yards in a season!