BEST RECEIVERS IN THE STATE NEXT YEAR

TRIBE1

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest karns12

well there are some good players in division 1 5-a next year. i know i may b a little biases, but my school, karns, has a good receiver in sean slaughter. he is about 5'11'' and weighs around 165 lbs. he has incredible hands too, better than most of the other teams receivers. his stats were pretty good this year, especially for a team that only won 1 game this year. he had about 350+ yards and 6 tds on a team which is run-oriented. he will def. have to step it up if karns is goin to make it to the playoffs this year, which they are very capable of. i think if karns does well this year that he has a chance to be recruited by some quality schools, but that is just my opinion. any comments????

firefly. Name a team in Knoxville that you guys beat up on. If it is Beardan, Farragut or South Doyle those are the three of the worst teams in Knoxville. By the way i gave DB their props. My comment was about the WR from Science Hill. Read my post carefully. I was just responding to how great these WR suppose to be. But in this area they would be average. I hear a lot about upper east tennessee but when you play against those teams I don't get the hype. Sure DB has a great program. Science Hill is competitive also. i was talking about the WR.

I think Lamon Williams is by far the best WR that is returning or otherwise. In every game he has had at least one touchdown and he will continue. Considering the fact that he is only a Sophmore, and the Chantz guy is older, I would say that Lamon Williams is the better of the two. Lamon is def. not overrated, considering the grade, and age. I would say he is doing better than any other soph. out there.

Ryno

Dobyns Bennett

patrick turner a sophomore at goodpasture and lamon williams a sophomore at db seem to be the best receivers in the state right now. they were both sophomore all americans, i think patrick was listed as a receiver and lamon as an all purpose player. turner is really tall with great hands and good speed. williams has good size with great hands and very good speed. overall i think wiliams is better than turner just because he is more of a threat in other ways during the game. but all this stuff being said in february doesnt mean a thing until the first game of the season and you see exactly how good these guys really are.