Can anyone beat OR or Shelbyville?

ajc

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that Beech could win against either of the 2 teams mentioned at the begining post. I know that they had 2 losses last week. What a lot of people don't know is that there was several girls on that team had the flu last week. The main thing for any team, is to get through your district and region to have an opportunity to play the aboved mentioned because, they are going to make it to the state tourney.

85Warrior the post said can anyone beat Shelbyville or Oak Ridge not play with them. Shelbyville will not have a game in the region touney till the finals. They will have to play White County first game of the region and that will be a joke of a game exspecially having to play at Shelbyville. They will probably catch Riverdale the next game and Tuesday night was Riverdale night to beat Shelbyville, cause we all know that Rick Insell teams don't play bad againist the same time twice. I was at the game on Tuesday and Shelbyville played as bad as they could play and Riverdale play as good as they could play. The region finals will be the game when Shelbyville will catch either Cookeville or Lawrence Co. and both of them are capable of playing with the Eaglettes but don't think either can beat them. Now for Oak Ridge they will have the same situation as Shelbyville. Both could probably rest there horses till the Region finals cause the other teams in the state are not just that good compared to Shelbyville and Oak Ridge. Both teams keep up the good work and hope to see both of you playing for the Gold Ball in the BORO.

In order to beat Shelbyville you have to play with them first. I think several teams can hang with Shelbyville until the 4th quarter and that will give them a chance at winning. I will make an early prediction and say that Lawrence will not win in the region{even though I would love to see them beat Shelbyville}. Dist. 7-AAA teams are better than most think. I personally hope its anybody but Shelbyville and Oak Ridge in the finals and everyone outside of OR and Shelbyville knows what I'm talking about.

The "secret" to beating Shelbyville is to lead them into the foutth quarter and stay within 1 or 2 points of them. If you let Insell get ahead of you in the fourth or sometimes even in the third, he will stall the ball and make you foul to put his players on the line. His type of tournament play is the best arguement for a shot clock in high school ball.

What Shelbyville teams have you watched play? I have never seen them stall or freeze the ball. Go check your record books in the state tournament and see who holds the girls record for most points in a game, largest margin of victory, etc...

The bottom line is no one from Middle TN is going to give Shelbyville or Oak Ridge any problems. The wild card this year will be Memphis and what comes out of there. My perdiction of Craigmont and Houston could pose some problems for Oak Ridge but not Shelbyville, because they have the athletes to counter and the fundamental ball players to handle the pressure

• 2 weeks later...