Maryville @ South Doyle

Guest KNOKNO

Maryville wins by 11, but it was a 4 point game with 2:00 minutes to go. MAryville makes FT's down the strech. Sout Doyle played outstanding. Coach Smith totally outdid Coach Nelson, that 2/3 extended zone gave MAryville problems, except for Lee, he pured in 30(with some deep bombs). If South Doyle had any depth theyw ould be hard to handdle. Playing 5 players really hurt SOuth Doyle.

By the way - Freshman sensation for South Doyle - Stephen Kite - had the most incredible move through about 4 MAryville defenders uncluding Mr. Lee Hunphrey early in the 2nd quarter. A spin move with behind the back and the nice kiss of the glass. Ask Lee or any of teh Red Rebels if they would like to see that Kid for the next 3 years. South Doyle will upset someone in the district tournament.

I saw the Kite kid play against William Blount a couple of weeks ago. He got 27 that night. He's gonna be a great one. South Doyle is young and I also know they have an outstanding group of 8th graders this year. It would be nice to see that program move back toward the prominence they use to display a few years ago.

I agree they are dangerous in the tournament. Obviously, Maryville and Bearden sit atop the heap, but let's get real ... there are at least four more teams (William Blount, Farragut, South Doyle, and West) that are capable of upsetting either one of the big two.

I'm looking forward to the district tournament ... it's at our house!!!

GovMan

Ego,

First session will start at noon on Saturday, February 22. Of course, this will be the lowest seeded teams playing that day. The tournament is at William Blount High. Easiest way to get there from Knoxville that I can tell you (some may disagree) is take 129S (Alcoa Hwy) past airport. A mile or so past airport you'll come to a fork. Stay right like following Atlanta/Fontana signs. Stay on 129 south until 3rd traffic light (approx. 2 1/2 miles). Turn right at this light (you'll see Home Depot where you turn). You'll be turning onto Foothills Mall Drive. Go to second light and turn right onto 321 (there will be a McDonalds where you turn). You'll stay on 321 (headed in the direction of Lenoir City) for a few miles. After you pass through I think what is the second light, you'll start up a long incline. You'll see a driving range on your right, then you'll see Smoky View Baptist Church on your right. Up at the top of that incline, Hwy. 335 (William Blount Drive) will turn off to your left. Take it ... stay on it .... you'll go through one traffic light ... keep going ... cross a bridge ... and soon you'll see William Blount High on your left. Don't take first left you see, but turn at sign (if you see Middle School you've gone too far) and you'll come right down to where the gym is.

I'll email you with my phone number is you need me to make that more plain!!

GovMan