who are the top 5 wrestlers in the last ten years?

bearlock

Whatdayamean??? "Leave off Leen"...Forget Division II, Don't you know that he just won the Southern Plains Regional Championships...Do you know what GREAT states compete in the Southern Plains? Well, let me tell you, they far out rank the best of our TN/HS Division I. Jordan will be in our history books, mark my words. He also placed 3rd just the week before in the Central Regions, with the likes of the Schlater bothers competing in the same tournament. This kid has more desire to succeed than most teams combined. Jordan I'm proud of you! ~MM

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

countrypk, "Had Keller wrestled Simpson", barring no consequence other than the singular outcome of the match, there would have been no affect on any state level championship, because the match could not have occurred under circumstance affecting a TSSAA championship.

On the other hand, if your assumption is an imaginary single state tournament all-inclusive and uninterrupted, that could quite possibly affect the 4-timer status of all who have achieved that status since the division. Then of course, the assumption of that scenario would bring on more year by year speculation and discussion, wouldn't it?

[Edited by Asylamer on 4-23-03 10:59P]

Your second assumption is correct and, yes, it does tend to generate a plethora of speculation and hypotheticals. There could be one less four time state champion which probably would influence peoples' decisions about who are the greatest wrestlers over the last five years.

Thank God for the TSSAA because without the current division, we could actually ascertain with some degree of assuredness who are the best wrestlers in the state which would obviate most of CoachT's threads and make us go wondering around the internet for other ways to waste our time.

"...other ways to waste our time." Agreed...but sometimes entertaining...and sometimes theraputic...and sometimes educational...and always opportunity to enter into dialogue on many issues of a topic we like to talk about while fitting into a time frame of our own choosing...maybe this is a good way to waste time.