8'th graders at state

cmmndalum

I read a story today about two eight graders competing in the state tournament. I went to tssaa.com and read some of the bilaw but am still unclear about it. can any 7'th or 8'th graders wrestle for tssaa as long as there Junior high is on the same campus as the highschools? or does it have to be a specaly chartered club? anyone that knows about this please post.

Guest JESUSISLIFE2

All of the eighth graders at state come from private schools. For example the 130 pounder from FRA. Most of the schools are k-12 allowing 8th graders to compete at the varsity level. This is the only case where this is legal.

• 3 years later...

The rule to this situation is that the 7th or 8th grader must be under the supervision of the same principal. In other words, schools with 7-12 can wrestle a 7th or 8th grader because they attend the same school.

CoachGonyeaSHS

I THOUGH THAT ONLY 8TH GRADER CAN WRESTLE ON THE HIGH SCHOOL TEAM IF UNDER THE SAME ADMINISTRATION. NOT 7TH GRADERS.

THE ANIMAL

You're missing the point of this last post... Tex was tryig to call me out on something. :thumb:

I did call you out. And I did my research...I called you out on this screen name two years ago.....but unlike your denial here about it.....you denied it then too. I knew two years ago.....Oct 28, 2004. Go look it up and stop acting smug.