Most memorable match

wrestlingfan

Empro

You do not know all that you think you do!!

Apparnetly you know nothing about refereeing, each official must take a closed book exam and pass before allowed to do any post season work. And YES all state officials are picked from the State Office!!

Regarding the case in point was the 275 wrestler from millington who lost the 3 matches in second over time fashion.

Not taking anything away from Bonham but he did not wrestle well in this tournament, did not attack!! The state tourny is not seeded anyway it is set up for medalist to be seperated.

No waiting in the middle of the mat is not stalling.!!!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHOA, SLOWDOWN FARMER BROWN, obviously, the referee's chosen are the best in the state, and yes, TRACKBOY, that does mean the ones chosen from the Chattanooga area are clearly the best. Although, one referree was accidently left off the list. But please people, if you feel that you could do any better, I ASK YOU THIS: GO TRY BEING A REFERREE. ITS NOT AS EASY AS IT SEEMS...although people feel as if they have a better view of the action from AT LEAST 40 FEET AWAY!!! Hello, let the referree's handle the matches. Go take the open book exam and then go and take the closed book...L8er!!!!!

Man...its a great country and a greater SPORT!

Let me throw a wrinkle in your selection process.

Most of what is stated here is right about the state office making final selections on state officials. The local associations make recommendations from their respective orgs to the state office and they are selected from there. You must pass the closed book test to call post season tourneys and 90 to call state. That is what I have always understood. Are exceptions made? Probably.

Now, that said, is it a fair representation? When Nashville (Middle TN) and Chattanooga easily make up 80% orfthe wrestling in the state (and middle TN over 50% of that). It can only make sense that those organizations that see more wrestling during the year are going to produce better officials. And those organizations that see the better quality of wrestling would call better?

I think there is some exception made to be sure each area of the state are represented.

So do you have the best, literally the best officials calling the state? Simply no.

Is there a better system? None I have heard of.

Besides, you had one who is arguably the best official in our state get crucified here right after the tourney.

Come inside the mind of an official, its a scary place sometimes.

The questions on this thread regarding a 16-2 shot ratio. Bah.

I would love to see 16 CREDIBLE shots in a given match. I mean a shot where the wrestler is putting himself at risk to secure the takedown. Fellas, it doesnt happen that often. I have had coaches take me to the table over such. They are counting an attempt like a slap on the knee of his opponent, a half shot, the head throw that slipped.

Sorry this post is too long.

reftn

Well yes I am a 275-286-264 wrestler, and I believe that i do know just a bit about upper wgt. wrestling. No not all heavys wrestle like little guys but aour moves are executed with force and percission. It's harder to get away from a good heavy that it is especially when you are on your back. It also teaches not to make mistakes because just the smallest ones can end your match if not career real quick.