Title IX - absurd editorial

BamaGrappler

Today the New York Times published one of the most inaccurate, ignorant statements ever made about Title IX. Feel free to FLOOD them with letters to the editor and also speak out on their discussion forum on this subject --- in fact, I encourage you all to do so. Due to legal issues, I can't copy/paste the article here. They require you to register & go to their site to read it. Registration is completely free and will not result in bulk spam junkmail. Please take the time to read it. The only good point (if you can call it that) they had was regarding appropriation of athletic funds across men's vs. men's programs (ex: football $ vs. wrestling $).

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/02/17/opinion/17MON1.html

I read the article and the majority of it echo's what the pro-title IX people have been saying but does bring up that about football. The problem is it fails to mention that money isn't the biggest issue with wrestling getting cut at colleges. It is the ratio factor and conferences like the SEC who got rid of wrestling. Let's just keep fighting for our great sport.