Green vs Bradley

sly

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaron Green has one win versus Bradley..that was in the District finals in 2001. This is his third season. Regular season he is 0-6. It really is amazing how he turned the program around and got discipline out of Cleveland. He has a bright future. I don't see him in the high school ranks for long.

[Edited by HUCK on 2-19-03 2:22P]

Here's the info

Kent Smith vs. Cleveland

1996-97 0-4 vs Sleepy (Yarbrough's junior year)

1997-98 0-4 vs Sleepy (Yarbrough's senior year)

1998-99 3-0 vs. Bruce Slatten

1999-00 3-0 vs. Bruce Slatten

2000-01 2-1 vs. Aaron Green

2001-02 3-0 vs. Aaron Green

2002-03 2-0 this season vs. Aaron Green

Kent vs CHS is 14-9. Aaron vs Bradley is 1-7. Beat Bradley 46-45 in district finals at Rhea County in 2000-01.

Hey Huck, you said that Green really turned that program around and got the discipline back tell me what the program did in those 2 years before green got there. I believe they finished 2nd in the district to Bradley (how unusual) both years averaged 20+ wins and made a sub-state appearance against White County in 1999 at UTC. That was w/o Yarbrough. When he took over he had a veteran team of 4-5 seniors including Cameron Wesley. I do remamber a couple of those kids quit in very dramatic fashion (one during a game) but I have watched the team play many times over the years (since the Condo days), the most disciplined and best defensive teams ever at Cleveland were when Bruce Slatten was the coach! Slaten is very intense but he never pulled a stunt like this there is no excuse! :o

That's very true! I think Slatten is one of the most fundementally sound coaches in the game. He's a Bob Knight man! ;) Sometimes in coaching you have to adjust to get your good players to develop into your system. We lost alot of girls in my three years of coaching because they just didn't like the coaches philosophy. They just looked to other schools that they thought would provide a better opportunity. Slatten has been in the game for awhile. He's got that championship ring from Perry County. Green has got alot of growing to do, but he has established himself as firm coach. His philosophy is becoming accepted by all the athletes Cleveland has to offer. When you put these athletes together and develop chemistry, then you most certainly become successful!