antwon harris

lpmarlowe

last night at the mt juliet vs kenwood game i felt as though mr harris was playing a little thuggish last night. on several occasions he elbowed players from mt juliet intentially causing one to bleed and then pushing one of our players in the back which it was called a flagrant foul. dont get me wrong he is a good player i just cant believe u couldnt control his anger. thats all i will say on that matter.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Antwan is a heck of a player, and an absolutely GREAT kid, so don't get on here and talk bad about him. I wasn't at the game, but I have coached Antwan for a few years, and he is anything but a dirty player. He is a kid that plays the game the way it is supposed to be played, with passion and intensity.....

Even in the loss, congrats to Antwan and Mike for combining for 42 points..........

im not trying to take anything away from antwon he is a very good player. but, i was at the mt. juliet/ kenwood game and he flat out hit a mt. juliet player in the mouth then on the next play push someone in the back because he got boxed out. i dont care if you like him or not that is not how "you play the game how its suppose to be played" i believe thats what you said

i can understand him being frustrated because he was losing and some of his teammates were playing poorly but thats not an excuse to hit someone in the mouth. it was a very cheap shot and uncalled for in any game

Gomab since you coached him did you teach him to be a bad sport. Because he gets screened did you teach him to throw in elbow to the face. If you did you need to rethink your coaching future. They say the players take on the personality of the coach, is it you or coach Jackson? ;)

Yep, it was me.... I teach all of my players to throw punches, etc....

Anyways....I wasn't at the game, but I am 100% sure there is a ton of exaggerating going on with the situation... Antwan plays extremely hard, never dirty. Often players who play hard and physical are construed as 'dirty' by there opponents who can't match up with them.....

I have coached Antwan for years now, and never seen anything dirty in his play, not even once.... If more kids in TN played with his heart and intensity and passion, Tn would have a lot more Division 1 players.....

Good post! Intensity and Physicalness are part of the game. Some people need to try playing college ball. Give the kid a break. He's laying it all on the line. Just because your kids good the feelings hurt in a ballgame doesn't mean Harris is a thug. If it was dirty I'm sure the refs would look into the matter.

theres a difference between physical play and punching someone in the face and that is what antwan did. i agree physical play is part of the game but no matter how well you know him if you were not there then you dont know what happened he just flat out took a cheap shot to one of the mt. juliet players.

i was at the game, i played college ball, and i coach college ball i was there to scout some players on both teams

and what i saw was he just missed a shot and i was watching him to see how he handled it,if he played help side at the end of the game, basically how he handled some pressure like that. what i saw was he just hit him in my opinion it was very uncalled for and cheap and you dont know him as well as you think you do because i know exactly what i saw

i think mr harris is a good ballplayer. but i have to admit there are times when a player gets upset, but that player doesnt need to do anything dirty. he might have played good for you gomab but right now his attitude needs to be fixed. yes a player needs to play psysical at times but the game films says he did it intentially.

hello all, i was also at the game tuesday night between mj and kenwood and i thought that the play where harris tackled the guy from the back because he got boxed out was uncalled for and cheap. If you say the refs would have looked into it deeper you should know that they called an intentional foul on that one. if i was the hippie kid who got tackled i would have done more than just got up fast and got in his face. he wouldnt have had a face after i got through with him. IT TAKES A COWARD TO TACKLE FROM THE BACK!!!

Gomab you say you have coached Harris for years now, in what kickboxing? You said quote "Often players who play hard and physical are construed as 'dirty' by there opponents who can't match up with them....." So your saying since the Mt. Juliet kid that got busted open due to Antwan's unnecessary behavior that he could not "match up with him" Obviously its on the contrary. Now I know you like to defend Harris and I am sure that you will be at all his court cases defending him telling the jury what a good basketball player he is but you got to learn that your player was wrong and accept it. Oh yeah about your comment quote "If more kids in TN played with his heart and intensity and passion, Tn would have a lot more Division 1 players....." Maybe you have a point they might be in D1 or in Death Row....