Lipscomb @ Springfield FINAL

GoBama

Springfield ahead like...28-26, maybe, at half. They were ahead most of the game. Lipscomb came back BIG in the 4th and ended up winning 60-58. Alan Eatherly had 23, Josh Connor at 16 (4 dunks). Elliot Wood also had a good game...but got into foul trouble early, but still played pretty much the whole 4th with 4 fouls. McPherson hit 2 big threes. Lipscomb played excellent. It was a great atmosphere, Springfield had a huge crowd (Homecoming night). Lipscomb had a good size crowd also. Gotta give credit to Stanton for Springfield. It's extremely hard to stop a player with his talent. He would just drive and pull up for jumpers...only missed a few. If Hume Fogg wins, Lipscomb and Hume Fogg are tied for 1st in the district. If they lose, Lipscomb wins. Please post the score...I know MLK was coming off a huge win over Springfield last night. Josh Stephen didn't play again...

Josh had a MRI. No results. So don't ask about that.

on to what I thought of the game...

That was the first time in about a year that I finally thought I was watching a good basketball game. The chips were all down for us at lipscomb.. and I think we finally proved that without Abe, we can still do a bit of damage to any team. This was a good trial as many people are still sick, and the refing was a bit one sided. Thats all good though, because in the end we came out with the "W", and btw the score was so close because we gave them five points in the end :) if you watched the game.

-P.C.

your welcome.

-P.C.

Oh I did want to make a few edits to the last post, but instead of doing that, I just thought I would post it here....

This game had quite a few first times in it and I think were quite impressive. One would have to be the four dunks that J-Con had, and the others would have to be the step up on Seth Martin, easily his best game all season, and Hopkins just keeps boosting his level to what the team needs to see. These guys are not only great athletes but people I am proud to call friends.

-P.C.

Great gut check for Lipscomb heading into districts. I thought they played well under pressure, without Abe. McPherson had a great game, especially on defense, thus making me eat my words that I posted about his tendensy to be lazy on d.

"The will to win is not nearly as important as the will to prepare to win." Bobby Knight