Peabody

jbarne53

I think that Peabody girls have a great chance to go back to state this year.They played horrible last night against Lake County(Lake County played one of their best games)and Peabody still won.Great teams always find a way to win.Great job Peabody for defending the District 16-A championship.They have beaten every team in their region ,and they will be fun to watch.Good Luck Peabody!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Peabody girls are having a great season and if they play the way they can they should go back to the state tournament. They are up their with the elite teams in the state in any division. And the only reason this lamp person is mad with trenton is because they are jealous. No one has the fan support trenton does. They come to the games and stand up and cheer the whole way through. They try to give their team every advantage possible for them to win. No one has a better pep section than trenton. And guess what we are gonna we even wilder and louder at dresden! Even though we cant take our shirts off their doesnt mean you can eliminate our spirit! ROLL TIDE!!!!!!! WHOOOOOOOOOOAAAAA!

You should be supportive of your team and try to cheer louder than anyone else in the gym, however, it is not good sportsmanship to "boo" the opposing team members, fans or coaches. (Taking your shirt off or keeping it on has nothing to do with team support.) Futhermore, students may occasionally be overlooked for this behavior. Adults are held to a higher accountability.

I have to agree with this lamp person--Peabody might have a large number of fans, and they support their team well, but their sportsmanship is at the bottom of the barrel. Cheering for your team and being loud is one thing, but shouting obscenities and spitting on the opposing team's cheerleaders is another. Add to it the fact that the security personnel and school administration do not attempt to stop them, and Peabody is probably the least favorite place for anyone in the region to travel to. And if I'm not mistaken, they have one of those "Just Do What's Right" banners hanging in their gym--how in the world they got that, I have NO idea.

listen all i have to say to lake co. fans is that they can dream on. For one thing they shouldnt be talking about themselves being better than peabody when they have never beat them. and there is no way in the world that lake co. could beat peabody by 20 anywhere. Peabody played their worst game of the year in the district championship and lake co. played their best and peabody still won it. So these lake co. folks need to calm it down a little bit. To tell you the truth i wouldnt be surprised if they dont meet again. It's not a sure thing that lake co. will win any games in region. I still think peabody is by far a better team than anyone in the region. It's saying something when your only losses have come to the number one team in AA. And allthree of them games were close. All yall lake co folks just need to tone it down a little bit. It aint like yall won anything. To be the man you have to beat the man! WHOOOOOOAAAAA!!!!!!!

Look here dukehoops--this isn't about Lake County beating Peabody. It's about how unbelievably rude and obnoxious Peabody's fans are. Like you. Neither me nor anyone else is going to sit here and listen to you make threatening "we're better than you and you could never beat us" statements. No one likes a show-off.

But since you brought it up, I don't think there's anyone that will dispute the fact that Trenton has more developed talent and is more polished than Lake County. Most likely in better shape, too. But that is not to say that upsets can't and won't happen. In 1996, Gleason was 31-0 and ranked #1 in the state, and Lake County beat them in the regional semifinals at South Fulton, ending their season. So it has happened before. Lake County is playing their best ball of the season right now--peaking at tournament time like they should. There's no doubt that Peabody is very good and is definitely a Top 5 team, but don't go saying that there's no way that Lake County can beat them. Pride comes before the fall, you know. But Lake County's primary concern is Dresden right now. It's one game at a time.

And who knows, high-and-mighty Peabody might just find themselves on the wrong end of an upset before the championship.

Guest taterhead5

Peabody has a very good team this year and a very good pep section!!! Not many schools have fans like Peabody!!! Good Luck to the Lady Tide and Tidemen. ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!

This is not a bash but a statement of an observation. Region 8a Tournament Director Chuck West, Dresden Principal, clearly instructed Trenton Peabody that all fans would have to wear shirts after receiving numerous complaints about being offended by Peabody students appearance last year. While the students who normally paint their chests to form a message were in compliance by instead wearing T-Shirts(looked good) one mother apparently felt like making a statement of definace by painting the chests of two young boys and allowing them to run around shirtless. Rules usually have reason behind them and when adults send this kind of message what are we teaching our young people?

Trenton should watch the Gleason's cheering section if they want to see team spirit. Trenton is probably 5 times as big as Gleason in population but they cant hold a candle to the noise that Gleason makes or the team enthusiasm. Trenton's boy cheerleaders are really something to be proud of too, its pretty pathetic.