Ooltewah and Soddy fans: Post whatever you want he

DaVinci22

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DefEnd76

Don't know much about the Ooltewah basketball team this year. I do know that they are young and have a good future (need a new coach). Right now they have a lot of talent. Micheal Newsome has the longball all day. Sherman Moton is automatic. Cedric Ellison can handle the ball and can make clutch plays. Courtney White is a natural baller. Hunter Augustino also has some good handles and a nice shot. Not having senior leadership is a hindrance, though. Will Spann from last year does not play basketball anymore. Other seniors aren't there. Andrew King, an agressive rebounder and shotblocker at 6'6" left early in the season, I think. Can the young lineup make it to the district game? Last year, even with an experienced lineup, the Owls choked the first game of the district tournament to Central. Can this team do what last years couldn't? Every starter from last years team is gone: Nick Losh playing at Lee, Justin Oakes, Micah Wilkerson. These three were seniors. Will Spann did not return. Matt Miller, a natural athlete with great ability, did not return. One would say that the Owls have either gotten better or the district has gotten worse. All this told, the district tournament is the real deal. This is where you lay it all on the line, or your shoes get tossed in the closet. I'm anxious to see what happens.

way to put some spin on that last post. but yes they desperately need a new coach. especially after the cleveland game where he told his players, and i quote, "I don't care if we win this game or not!". and this was when the owls were only trailing by 6 in the 4th quarter to the number 2 team in the state ... its absolutely rediculous. I heard that some other coaches might be interested ... and trust me we'd love to have anybody but Hamrick!

Guest DefEnd76

Just a question...with an up and coming athletic program of one of the biggest schools in the state of tennessee, why is there an inexperienced coach? When a coach is hired, certain expectations are set. Coach Hamrick has not broken .500. Also, with the available talent at Ooltewah, the team should make it to the region tournament every year, hands down. With the successes of Ooltewah's other sport teams, and a new gym on the way, one would think that a coach worthy of the new gym would be hired. A coach with a proven record of sucess. What is hindering Ooltewah from aquiring such a coach? Any coach I know would love to have a position at one of the biggest high schools in Tennessee with a deep pool of talent from which to draw. Yet an unproven, unsuccessful coach is still there. Well, he is successful if you consider his freshmen teams. On a good note, coach Sumrell, who has forgotten more about basketball than anyone on his team will ever know, is a wonderful JV coach. His knowledge of the game is vast and he is an excellent teacher to the young players. Good job Coach Sumrell.

With my knowledge and insight of the Ooltewah athletic programs, I am pretty much going to stay out of this discussion w/ DE76, therefore this will be my only post on this subject. But I would kike to clarify one thing though. Matt Miller did not quit on this basketball program only once. He quit twice on his teammates, both this year and last year. He was allowed to return this season and was was starting to earn more playing time before he left. This team is playing better now than at anytime during the season and this team didn't at anytime quit like last year's team did.

But the one thing that was needed during the Cleveland game was for someone else to step up when Cedric got his 4th foul very early in the 4th quarter. Cedric was unstoppable up until that point ended up with 28, but when he HAD to sit down with 4 fouls. Nobody elevated their game to compensate for that loss.

I'm not going to try to get into Coach Hamrick's mind and tell you what he's trying to decide or think, I'm only going to make observations on what I see and will comment on what I do. People who know me know I try to be honest and straight with them. And on that note I will conclude this observation.

WELL I PLAYED LAST YEAR AND SOME THIS SUMMER lol its not all about respect she demands a lil much like asking fuqua to quit his job or somethign like that and told bobby to quit going to football practice which he did but i mean still i liked her personally but since the WHOLE freshman team quit they wud bug me all the time dont play were trying to show the coaches something that we dont like mccall and want him out of the basketball program and it has happened soo im playing next yea....... but i guess what im saying is Yea coach woods cool with me , and really with her and coach dixson together you have a lot of knowledge about basketball ! soddys pretty lucky when it comes to out coaches ( if ya ask me)

Well, i think if this coach is as bad as yall say he is yalls parents shud say something and get rid of him i agree ooltewah has more raw talen due to the number of kids in almost ne sport then ne one in the county the only one i can think of that is as big as ooltewah wud be rhea county and as we know there pretty dang good at most sports too