Best players in 8A

shaggyJ

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was one of the coaches in the meeting with Trey and his parents when they first came to Friendship. They wanted to meet the coaches who would be coaching their son. We had never spoken with Trey or his parents. We had no idea who he was. Of course we were happy when a 6'4 220lb kid walked through the door. The fact of the matter is Trey and his family are serious about his baseball career. You should see this kid work. F.C.S. has sent 5 pitchers to play college baseball in the last 3 years. Can you blame someone for wanting to be in a good program? He sat out being ineligible most of last year. You'd like the facilities and program if you were a Commander. A competitive, successful, program does not need to be advertised. In the 4 years i spent @ Friendship I got sick of the recruiting allelgations. As, a coach who is no longer @ F.C.S., and now in a public school, I can tell you the only thing that sells McNeal's program is his hard work, his devoted staff, administrative support, and serious parental support. Parents have the coach to attend a private school and some make that decision with all the sacrifice it involves. Yes, Trey is good. He has sown good things and will reap them. If you play in this district and face him, he'll dominate you.