Officiating....

TheWarden

last night at the lavergne-mj game, i saw some really bad officiating, an example, and the end of the half lavergne threw up a shot and was fouled the foul shouldnt of happened in the first place but they said the foul was on 20 when, actually it was on 21, i saw this with my own eyes, now dont get me wrong 20 was on the other side of the court,we've had good officials all year except for last night

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok i mean seriously if your gonna call a foul, at least make sure that you know who its on, if an official cant remember who the foul was on, should he be on the court?

now it could have been an honest mistake, but that was 20's 3rd foul and halfway through the 3rd quarter had a foul, that i believe shouldnt have been a foul it was in front of me, it was a clean pick then got a T b/c he was frustrated, can you blame him? i cant

The ref have really taken the fun out of basketball for

everyone. The Officiating is terrible. I am not a player, not a coach but I have gone to games for some 50+ years.

They absolutely won't let them pay anymore. Some calls are absolutely unbelievable. I think that the TSSAA needs to

require more training for ref. Do we have any input

as a spectator? IS there any place to express our opinion?

:(

Bobo's post high school days are destined to be as a "dancing bear" in a circus. :)

It's better to be thought an idiot than to open you mouth and remove all doubt!!

As for the ref's, some just are not as good as the others. They don't try to "cheat" teams, or call against a certain individual. If they do, it's because of some schmuck's attitude or constant complaining about crap like:

THREE SECONDS!!!!! or CALL IT ON BOTH ENDS!!

They ARE calling it on both ends, and quit crying about the three seconds. Push the guy out of there, or better yet, don't let him in!! :(

The easiest way to end all this for the ref is to "T" them up. Attitude gone, mouthing done, and coach on the bench.

i agree with bobo. the refs this year called some terrible games. they only called what the crowd wanted and most of the time it was a bad call. out of all the officials we had this year maybe,maybe 4 were able to call a half decent game. maybe the tssaa can find a way to make the test harder and get rid of the bad refs and find people who know what they are doin.

I was also at the Mt. Juliet/LaVergne game, and I agree officating has gone down quite a bit. The situation they are talking about is that #20 Josh Helton was called for a foul at the end of the quarter when a LaVergne player just threw up the ball. I'm not sure who commited it and I don't doubt there was foul but you cannot call it if you don't know who did it. They eventually decided it was on Josh Helton who was on the other side of the court at about the foul line walking to the bench cause the quarter was over.

Another incident was the Mt. Juliet vs White House game when I think there was more fouls commited by both teams that added up to be more than the score of the winner of the game. I honestly thought there would had been a forfiet by one of the teams cause they didn't have enough people that could still play either that or they were gonna have to ask for volunteers in the crowd to play. I'm not sure who the refs were but they were obvioulsy under qualified to be refing high school games look for them in the NBA Championship games or maybe the NCAA Final Four cause they would not let the kids play defense. How about lettin the boys play a little...