District 7AAA Schedules

MrBlack

Can someone help me on this? I was looking at the schedules and I noticed Blackman is playing Riverdale back to back games and they are playing Oakland back to back games. I looked at Oaklands and Riverdales schedules, they are not playing each other back to back games. This does not seem fair to the Blackman team. Can someone tell me why that happened or is it a misprint?

Best I can figure, everyone in the district EXCEPT oakland and riverdale are playing back-to-back on Tuesday-Wednesdays: E.G. - Warren Co. at Oakland March 18; WC at home vs. Oakland March 19.

Since these schedules came out, I've talked to a lot of people, and they all have the same question you have. Why does everyone play back-to-back days, then Oakland and Riverdale have over two weeks between games? The one plus I can find in this 'special' situation for the Pats and Warriors is -- in Riverdale's case, for example, they have two straight days of White County leading into the first Oakland game, and two straight days of Warren County after the second one. Oakland's schedule seems to play out a little bit better, go figure, but they've still got district 'twin bills' sandwiched around the Riverdale matchups.

Obviously, this whole new schedule concept is an attempt to keep teams from using their 'ace' in every district game. But if it's good for everyone else in the district, why not Riverdale and Oakland?

SE brings up a good point. I had thought the NEW district rule had everyone playing on TUE/WED with only a very few exceptions. I do believe the rule favors Oakland, primarily because their Pitching Staff is not as deep or as talented as Riverdale. I hope someone answers SE ?'s, because it could definetely effect this years district race.