Will Healy to play at Air Force

wwwchattanoogancom

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All the technicalities aside: as to who can speak to who, etc, etc. Bottom line: This man has chosen the path less taken, and certainly should be commended. Having a nephew recently graduate the Naval Academy, and having six sisters, my brother and I, an uncle and two aunts (WW2), all serve honorable in the U S Marine Corps, I cannot state sincerely enough how proud your family and you should be, just to be considered for such an honorable service to this wonderful nation is of the highest order. Good luck, God Speed, SIR.

Good luck Will we are all pulling for you. Just keep working hard, and making good decisions and you will do just fine. I love the Air Force option and i hope to watch you in command in the couple of years. I still think you are a little small right now for their offense, but get in the weight room and mess hall, and get ready to take it to them. again good luck!

All of the three service academies have the same admission requirements. You must be in the top of your class, you must be athletic and they prefer that you are a member of a varsity squad, high GPA and Test Scores, and you must receive an appointment from a U.S. senator or congressman.

Here are the top schools by the Princeton Review:

"The top 10 toughest schools to get into, according to this year's Princeton Review results, start with Cooper Union, and are followed in order by Harvard, Princeton, Stanford, the Air Force Academy, West Point, the U.S. Naval Academy, Columbia, Yale and Amherst College."

A list (no order of reference):

M.I.T.

Stanford

Princeton

Harvard

Yale

United States Air Force Academy

United States Military Academy (West Point)

UNited States Naval Academy

Amherst

Georgetown

Notre Dame

Columbia (New York)

University of Virginia

United States Coast Guard Academy

Cooper Union

Havrey Mudd

Webb Institute

[Edited by ELA on 3-1-03 5:05P]

The Air Force Academy is in turmoil right now. The sexual assault allegations and the resulting investigations of midconduct is giving the Academy a black eye. On the Denver news last night they reported it could be worse that the tailhook fiasco for the Navy.