SI Article about Tenn and Alabama

BDURHAM

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alabama has always been a team that is mentioned when it comes to violations. Just think of this what did Joe Namath major in at Bama? Namath majored in basket weaving that sound pretty dirty to me. As for Tennessee it was a bad year,but they never stay down for long. Bama fans can throw the game in our face,but they have never been accused of having class.

Come on KevB1990, lets take a look at history's of Alabama and Tennessee and the record when these 2 teams face each other. A blind squirrel finding a nut now and then?

Alabama 21 Sec titles to 13 for Tennessee

Alabama 12 National Championships to Tennessee's how many 2?

[Edited by sinjin on 3-4-03 2:23P]

[Edited by sinjin on 3-4-03 2:24P]

Yeah...Bama has more National Championships, more SEC titles than Tennessee...don't forget to put that they also have more sanctions levied by the NCAA, more years on probation and more players that can't read beyond the sixth grade.

Truth is, the Tide is getting nervous because the once wide gap in the UT-Bama series has narrowed, much like Vol fans are sweating the narrow gap in the Florida and Georgia series.

Too bad Fran skipped out on you boys...he must have figured out he'd better leave while the window of opportunity was still there.

[Edited by KevB1990 on 3-4-03 5:52P]

You are right the gap has narrowed. But lets be real. Bama only has 1 player that can read past the 6th grade level. The rest are at least the 9th grade level.

We may not be able to read at Alabama but we were taught at a young age the commandment that says ..Thou shal not steal.

[Edited by sinjin on 3-5-03 10:02A]

One thing you will find out about Bama folk...we know our history..Namath was asked by a Northern reporter if he was majoring in Basket Weaving at Alabama. He told them no, he was majoring in journalism because it was easier. But we do appreciate your gentlemanly attitide. Just remember..the last 12 years have been the worst period of time in Bama football history and the best in TN history. Bama has 1 NC and 2 SEC championships during that time. How bout your guys?

Let's see, Tennessee has beaten Alabama twice as many times as Alabama has beaten Tennessee.

Note: One of those wins came from a forfeit. Why? Alabama cheated.

Cheat Tide Cheat

Cry Tide Cry

Whine Tide Whine

Look for another coach Tide Look for another coach.

Posted by sinjin:

Come on KevB1990, lets take a look at history's of Alabama and Tennessee and the record when these 2 teams face each other. A blind squirrel finding a nut now and then?

Alabama 21 Sec titles to 13 for Tennessee

Alabama 12 National Championships to Tennessee's how many 2?

[Edited by sinjin on 3-4-03 2:23P]

[Edited by sinjin on 3-4-03 2:24P]

Just trying to play moderator here, but here is the deal on national championships (let me preface this by saying that Alabama and Tennessee fans alike should agree on the fact that Alabama has considerably more national titles than Tennessee has).

Since the advent of the AP poll in 1936, on an apples-to-apples basis, if Tennessee has two (2) national titles, Alabama has seven (7) titles. Tennessee has only two national titles that are either AP, UPI, or coaches poll-based. Alabama has seven of the same kind of titles. Outside of these titles, various ratings agencies (Dunkel, Litkenhous, Billingsley, etc.) have named national champions, and both Tennessee and Alabama each have five of those titles. So the spread is either 12-to-7 or 7-to-2; any other count is incorrect on an equally comparative basis.

Why go to the past 12 years? If you want to go to the deep past, we can, and it shows you are way, way behind the Tide. We can go to the immediate past and see 34-14 drubbing you took at your own house this past October. You can type whatever you would like if it makes you feel better about your poor, poor season. Pre-season number 1 or 2 by Herbstreet along with Oklahoma and then to get embarrased by an ACC team in the bowl game looks real good on Fulmer's resume. Go ahead and jump on the Bama bandwagon, we know you want to chear for a winner. Cheat Vols Cheat. Have fun losing to Georgia for the 4th time in 4 years. Have fun down in the swamp and down in Tuscaloosa. Auburn will drub you guys this year as well. Have fun in beautiful Miami as well. Your future sure is bright, not!!!