SI Article about Tenn and Alabama

BDURHAM

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am one of the biggest ut fans ever. and yes tennessee has probably the hardest schedule known to mankind.they had a good team last season and they will this upcoming season too. the problem with last years team is easy, to many individuals. in my opinion the two most talented teams in the nation this past season was miami and tenn. just look at the miami game lost points on the board for miami all season.as for clausen his mouth is fine. he could have beat uga with one arm, because we almost beat them with a true frosh at qb. as for bama if they keep recruiting going they are going to be really dangerous once it they get off probation.and i do root for bama whenever they play any other sec team(uf, uga).as for the rivilry it is one of the best in the nation.the fans never get into it and both campuses are great settings. uga and uf have horrible fans while bama and ut have class. and for all you ut doubters just wait because if this team isn't in the preseason top 15 they will earn respect because that is what they do.undefeated and national champioship is not what i am calling for but it is not going to be like last season. GO VOLS!

Posted by pioneer8991:

UTK: May or may not being doing illegal things but there biggest problem is the quality of athlete they are recruiting. They keep getting academically, ethically, and characterless recruits who drag the whole program down. Yeah Kelly Washington was a great talent but he showed himself to selfish and critical. Casey Clausen needs a gag put in his big mouth. Fulmer and staff should taking turns whipping him soap filled socks to keep him shut up. His in-season, post-season comments were horribly negative.

NCAA: The investigative process is a crock. They have presented little information that solidly points the finger at the recruiting coor. or other coaches. Penalizing schools for the actions of boosters is also wrong. Alabama is paying a penalty for the alleged actions of people no longer at the school and for people who are nothing but boosters and fans. I don't know how they expect a program to police thousands of boosters who are looking for someone to give money to.

Final word: I don't care for Alabama or UTK or any D1A program so don't start calling me biased for one or another. Go Tn Tech Golden Eagles!!

Pioneer..

The University of TennesseeKelly Washington was not a recruit. He was a walk on. Get your facts straight before you speak.

NCAA Several of the people involved are no longer at Alabama beause they were involved.Some of the people involved were coaches. Get your facts straight before speaking.

Final wordSpeaking as someone who graduated from the best school in Tennessee(MTSU), if you can`t go college, then go to Tech! :D

pioneer..first, my name is not Barney Fife. Now you want to "rephrase" rather than admit you were wrong in your first post. Then you say.."The quality, etc... of UT's team members (recruited or walked on, b/c both groups represent UT equally) has declined greatly."

Compared to what? Compared to the players that Alabama is buying?

If you haven`t seen proof about inside Bama personel being involved, then you haven`t been looking to hard. Cotrell lost his job. Let`s just see how his lawsuit turns out. If he did nothing wrong, then he will surely be vindicated.

I was joking with you about MTSU/TTU. Did you overlook the winking smiley? Sorry you can`t take a joke.

Another thing...I have never had my head in the sand. Don`t bring up p/p issues on this board.

Posted by pioneer8991:

They let him on the team and he's not the only player I was referring to when I said recruit. How about I rephrase it for you Barney Fife: The quality, etc... of UT's team members (recruited or walked on, b/c both groups represent UT equally) has declined greatly.

Where is the proof that these people were involved? I've looked around for anything factually proved but most of it is based on people's words not verifiably trails of evidence. Let the NCAA unshroud the investigation and show the school and the public the facts. Any penalty leveled could have great consequences for many years and they should have to explain themselves a lot more.

Go stick your head back in the sand and pretend private schools should compete with publics.

Final word: Everyone that ever failed out of Tech (or just quit) graduated from MTSUX.

[Edited by pioneer8991 on 3-5-03 8:50P]

[Edited by VolunteerGeneral on 3-5-03 11:28P]

[Edited by VolunteerGeneral on 3-5-03 11:29P]

I believe that UT has 1 NC and 2 SEC championships as well in the last 12 years.

I don't see how 'Bama fans put 1992 as one of the years in the worst periods of football. Maybe I'm just reaching here, but when you thrash Miami in the National Championship game (which I was watching in a room in a hotel in Valdosta, GA on my way back from Tampa with the Pride of the Southland Marching Band) shouldn't be lumped in with the bad stretch.

Anyway, I've had my fill of 'Bama talk for the winter...I'll just wait until the 3rd Saturday in October to roll around to get my hate on for the Tide.

Posted by DAD1:

Just remember..the last 12 years have been the worst period of time in Bama football history and the best in TN history. Bama has 1 NC and 2 SEC championships during that time. How bout your guys?

Isn't this a website devoted to High School athletics, and this forum a place to discuss High School football in Tennessee, or have I missed a change in focus?

This particular discussion can be found on many other websites, forums, and coffee shops, not to mention other areas on Coach T. This is not the place for the continuing assinine and juvenile discussions about the actions of certain teams (or their blindly faithful fans) in the billion dollar cesspool industry known as college football.